Bluetooth music via iPhone on Boxer (1 Viewer)

Oct 4, 2021
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 66-2
Exp
Since Sept ‘21.
I’ve successfully linked my phone to the audio on a 2018 Bailey (Boxer) motorhome, via Bluetooth, but I can’t see how to play music. It works fine via a USB cable, but I’m obviously missing something when it comes to outputting music Via Bluetooth. It’s the more basic (non-touchscreen) audio system. Any suggestions appreciated.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
I think the Bluetooth only works for hands free calls, but I stand to be corrected by someone who knows better! We can only use ours through the usb lead, but it charges my phone at the same time, so I didn’t pursue the Bluetooth option further.

Upvote 0

Deleted User
You may need to install a music player.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Think you are right about that, we have a parrot Mk11 fitted and play our music through that works perfectly.

Upvote 0
Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
We now use our bluetooth for listening to music or audiobooks on the iphone. It is very easy. We have an Alpine system and for ages we only used the USB connection because I thought the BT on the choices menu stood for British Telecom! Foolish or what? But now I know better.

Upvote 0

Phil 748

Free Member
May 21, 2019
Newark Notts
Funster No
MH
AS Nuevo ES 06
Exp
Hi it may a setting on the phone, my phone the option for one for calls and one for Audio so may be this needs switching on

Upvote 0

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Like Phil 748 says, your phone may need setting for calls AND music. Or just music if you’re not fussed about calls.

But back at the car stereo, have you got Bluetooth available as a music source?
May be known as “BT music”

2018 is about when most car stereos could have bluetooth as an audio source.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I listen to music over Bluetooth from my iPhone on a pioneer head unit. I think it comes up as bt audio

Upvote 0

Whippetgood

Free Member
May 3, 2018
Funster No
The basic Boxer radio of that year won't play music through Bluetooth- it'll only link to the phone. To play music through the radio you need to connect the phone to the USB socket behind the drinks holders or in the central glove box. The media button on the left side of the radio toggles between the jack plug input and the USB input. The USB input will display as an iPod input on the radio display. You can then play through the radio and control the player using the radio or steering wheel audio controls. The tracks playing will be shown on the radio display. My DAB reception was none existent- I tried fitting a new ground plane to the aerial and a new screen aerial with no success so I fitted an Alexa auto and stream digital radio using data. The Alexa auto connects to the radio using the jack plug and then connects to the phone with Bluetooth so you can play music from the phoneusing Alexa as the controller. Once set up I can say 'Alexa, play the album xxxx by The xxxx on apple music' or 'Alexa, play radio 6 music' and it works well. Playing downloaded music on your phone from Apple Music, or any other provider doesn't use any data (as long as it's already downloaded onto your phone).

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DaveHobson
Oct 4, 2021
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 66-2
Exp
Since Sept ‘21.
Thanks for all these responses. I assumed that it would be like on the car (music and calls), but it seems not. No option on the phone to specify which. So it’ll have to be a lead, which isn’t a problem (as long as there’s a lead available!), and as you say, Stonemags, it has the added advantage of charging the phone.

Upvote 0

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
If the phone is connected for calls, it may be down to the app your using, apples music app should just work if not then Whippetgood is most likely correct.

If your using another app then check out that apps settings.

Connecting with a cable is better anyway, it charges the phone and gives better music quality

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
We use a Bluetooth FM transmitter. The navigation instructions then come through the van speakers and even the tv if we wanted.
There's a microphone on it too for phone calls.

FirstE Bluetooth FM Transmitter, Car Radio Audio Adapter MP3 Player Handsfree Car Kit with Dual USB Ports 5V/3.4A, LED Display Car Voltage, Play TF Card/USB Flash Drive Amazon product ASIN B07BF52BY7

Upvote 0

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Thanks for all these responses. I assumed that it would be like on the car (music and calls), but it seems not. No option on the phone to specify which. So it’ll have to be a lead, which isn’t a problem (as long as there’s a lead available!), and as you say, Stonemags, it has the added advantage of charging the phone.
Just use a usb charging lead - works fine! A radio app uses very little data.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back