Bluetooth headphones used with television. (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Being a bit Mutt and Jeff and aware that I have the tv volume up most of the time I thought I had come up with a solution. I bought two pairs of Bluetooth headphones and a little Bluetooth transmitter to plug into the headphone socket of the tv for us both to use. I assumed that the signal from the transmitter would be picked up by both identical headsets but that isn't the case. I can run either of the headsets but not both at the same time so assume that they both operate on different frequencies? If this is the case is there any way I can buy a "double" frequency transmitter so each headset could be paired separately, or if I split the signal from the tv headphone socket into two Bluetooth transmitters could I pair each one with a headset, or are there any other problems I haven't thought of that would prevent this from working? Can you buy transmitter and two headset kits ready made? As you can see I don't know much about Bluetooth!

Margaritaman

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile C Class
Exp
since 2008
Think only one device can connect to a Bluetooth source at any one time , as you have discovered.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I also think you can only pair 1 device at a time, especially on music (audio) streaming. Be interested to hear if any different.
Cant see what a headphone splitter and 2 transmitters should not work. Try it and let us know how you get on.

OR...

Amazon product ASIN B01INC75QS

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
There is a way - but I don't know the details - that Bluetooth can send a signal to two individual speakers to create a stereo soundstage.
So what is required? Specific transmitter, specific receivers, or a specific version of Bluetooth?
But what you require is in theory possible.

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Just bought one thanks, looks like it's just what I need!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back