Rally Chat Bluebell Line Railway. Possible 2019 rally (1 Viewer)

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Yes generally, but not for you and Mick because you are already covered by the landed gentry exception .............................................. :D2
At least that's a better title than Sandra ( @irnbru ) and Alan have gave us. Gypsy Mick & Madam Mew.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
NO you cannot ........................ now sit quietly in the back and play with your toys otherwise I will bang your heads together :D2
:cry: spoil sport, you'll not like me when I get angry :envy:. Don't do it very often though ,cost to much to replace the clothes :giggler:

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
:cry: spoil sport, you'll not like me when I get angry :envy:. Don't do it very often though ,cost to much to replace the clothes :giggler:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ............................ are you going to rip all your clothes off Mew .................................... :D2

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We'd be interested please. One Uncle was a Steam Engine Driver, a cousin is a South West Train Driver, Another Cousin is Editor of a Train magazine, another is in a band called Blyth Power so I feel trains are in our blood!

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi Peter ,we are interested depending on dates(y)
Brian & Jo

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi Peter, sorry to have missed this thread, I'd be interested please & it'd be nice to catch up with Angela & yourself

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
We would also be interested in this. I haven't read all 7 pages but perhaps someone could tell me if any date or numbers have been set yet?

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Nice idea Peter, we used to camp near there with the scouts in the late 60's, think it was called Broadstone Warren?, we could hear the trains from the camp

We would love to come please :)(y)

@Lisa there is a Waitrose in Sheffield, they even do home deliveries out to us, you might just be in range (y), there are more around than I thought, I always presumed they were only for the south :)
Yes it is Broadstone Warren and still a scout camp for East Sussex, we took our cubs there recently.

grahammay2

Free Member
Jan 8, 2011
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class,
Exp
Since July 2010
At @Wombles suggestion (or coercion) I am looking to organise a rally down South. Where better than next to one of the stations on the Bluebell line, which runs for 11 miles through the beautiful and peaceful Sussex countryside. The Bluebell line was one of the first preserved heritage lines in the country when it opened in 1960. It has one of the largest collections of working steam locomotives and carriages in the country.

We will be staying next to Hortsed Keynes station which has been restored to the 1920s Southern Railway period. The station is surrounded by beautiful countryside with lots of walks and cycles rides if you are feeling active. By bike you can visit the National Trust's Wakefield Place or Standen, the town of Haywards Heath and the Ashdown Forest AONB, which used to be a royal hunting ground, like the New Forest. For those of you who are less active a 10 or 15 minute walk will get you into the pretty village of Horsted Keynes with its lovely village green overlooked by a couple of pubs.

From Horsted Keynes station you can catch a steam train South to Sheffield Park station, which is a short walk away from the National Trust's Sheffield Park House and Gardens. Sheffield Park Station is restored to the Victorian period of the London Brighton and South Coast Railway. You can also catch a steam train North up to East Grinstead station, from where you can, if you want, catch a (electric I am afraid) train all the way up to London (London Bridge or London Victoria). East Grinstead itself is a nice little town complete with a Sainsburys (next to the station), an Aldi, and a Waitrose (for you Hymer and Carthago owners :D2:D2). It also has a Wetherspoons as well as lots of other cafes, pubs and restaurants and some nice shops There are 7 trains each way on the Saturday and 6 on the Sunday.

There will be room for at least 30 or 40 units on a slightly sloping field. We may be able get a few more in, but parts of the field slope a bit too much I suspect. Costs are likely to be about £20 per person for the whole meet (not per night), and that will include unlimited hop on and hop off use of the Bluebell line railway all day Saturday and Sunday. That is a good price considering the unlimited train fare alone costs £19 per person per day before any camping costs!

In addition, we may also be able to have a tour of the wagon works on the Saturday, but I am not sure if that will be at an extra charge.

At the moment I am just canvassing interest for this, which will probably be in June or July 2019. I am hoping to fix a date that does not clash with any of the shows. Arrive Friday afternoon and leave Monday morning. Facilities will be clean water and toilet waste dump, plus you can use the toilets when the station is open. No showers or EHUs are available I am afraid.

Can you please let me know if you are interested using this thread This will not be an official list, but, if there is enough interest, I will post a further thread in the Autumn/Winter giving more details including firm dates and costs and starting an official list. Before doing that I will PM everybody who has expressed an interest here to warn them, so they can be first in the queue if they are still interested.
Yes interested

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We would also be interested in this. I haven't read all 7 pages but perhaps someone could tell me if any date or numbers have been set yet?
Nothing yet!

Pat and Poppy

Free Member
Apr 30, 2018
Salisbury/NewForest/Romsey
Funster No
MH
VW Autosleeper Clubman
Exp
At @Wombles suggestion (or coercion) I am looking to organise a rally down South. Where better than next to one of the stations on the Bluebell line, which runs for 11 miles through the beautiful and peaceful Sussex countryside. The Bluebell line was one of the first preserved heritage lines in the country when it opened in 1960. It has one of the largest collections of working steam locomotives and carriages in the country.

We will be staying next to Hortsed Keynes station which has been restored to the 1920s Southern Railway period. The station is surrounded by beautiful countryside with lots of walks and cycles rides if you are feeling active. By bike you can visit the National Trust's Wakefield Place or Standen, the town of Haywards Heath and the Ashdown Forest AONB, which used to be a royal hunting ground, like the New Forest. For those of you who are less active a 10 or 15 minute walk will get you into the pretty village of Horsted Keynes with its lovely village green overlooked by a couple of pubs.

From Horsted Keynes station you can catch a steam train South to Sheffield Park station, which is a short walk away from the National Trust's Sheffield Park House and Gardens. Sheffield Park Station is restored to the Victorian period of the London Brighton and South Coast Railway. You can also catch a steam train North up to East Grinstead station, from where you can, if you want, catch a (electric I am afraid) train all the way up to London (London Bridge or London Victoria). East Grinstead itself is a nice little town complete with a Sainsburys (next to the station), an Aldi, and a Waitrose (for you Hymer and Carthago owners :D2:D2). It also has a Wetherspoons as well as lots of other cafes, pubs and restaurants and some nice shops There are 7 trains each way on the Saturday and 6 on the Sunday.

There will be room for at least 30 or 40 units on a slightly sloping field. We may be able get a few more in, but parts of the field slope a bit too much I suspect. Costs are likely to be about £20 per person for the whole meet (not per night), and that will include unlimited hop on and hop off use of the Bluebell line railway all day Saturday and Sunday. That is a good price considering the unlimited train fare alone costs £19 per person per day before any camping costs!

In addition, we may also be able to have a tour of the wagon works on the Saturday, but I am not sure if that will be at an extra charge.

At the moment I am just canvassing interest for this, which will probably be in June or July 2019. I am hoping to fix a date that does not clash with any of the shows. Arrive Friday afternoon and leave Monday morning. Facilities will be clean water and toilet waste dump, plus you can use the toilets when the station is open. No showers or EHUs are available I am afraid.

Can you please let me know if you are interested using this thread This will not be an official list, but, if there is enough interest, I will post a further thread in the Autumn/Winter giving more details including firm dates and costs and starting an official list. Before doing that I will PM everybody who has expressed an interest here to warn them, so they can be first in the queue if they are still interested.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Depending on interest we could always do a run to the Harvey’s Brewery in Lewes and pickup a fresh cask of their finest Sussex to keep everybody hydrated.
That would certainly get my vote too. (y) :drink:

Judging by the interest in this meet so far, I think more than one keg will be necessary!:drink::cheers::beerchug:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back