Blue badge (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Charlie - you may think that this is what the rules of the scheme SHOULD allow, but even the most generous interpretation of the rules makes it clear that they do not. It would be a shame for someone to get done for misuse of the badge because they genuinely thought that this was within the rules.

Certainly the disabled person can go along for the ride with someone else who does the shopping. But in this case there is no need for the person doing the shopping to use the blue badge parking concession. The only benefit that could be construed to the disabled person is that they would be left alone for a slightly shorter time. But I don't think that would count as a mobility benefit - I wouldn't like to have to argue that one in court. You might succeed if you could prove extreme circumstances, such as the disabled person couldn't be left on their own anywhere & there was no other place for them to be other than with the carer.

The world is as it is, not as we would like it to be.

My friend if you look earlier in the thread I say almost exactly the same. I state the "actual" rules as I see them and I hope Im correct. Then I say what I imagine as a very slight bending of the rules would I hope be acceptable to pretty much everyone.

I like others think we are no running in ever decreasing circles so will leave that point alone now. It now not about what is right or wrong but WHO is right or wrong. This forum sadly is renown for threads going that way.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Wow @irnbru, @Bridget @Minxy Girl

Being right isnt the same as being listened to.

I also get riled up by people abusing the BB scheme and it amazes me to read that people who are abusing the scheme don't even realise they are doing so.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
image.jpeg
A pic of my Dad and me not long before he died, he was registered blind and I'm in a wheelchair, we laughed because we didn't know whose blue badge to use! What a dilemma!

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I will tell you what peed me off this week, twice i had to visit the police station at Bournemouth. on both occassions the disabled bays near the door were taken up with police cars and builders vans....none had a blue badge or a parking ticket
I was left to park round the corner some way away and struggle in on crutches in serious pain. it appears that rules are only rules when it suits
I bet you were rather vocal to the desk ckerk about that ..

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
View attachment 103701 A pic of my Dad and me not long before he died, he was registered blind and I'm in a wheelchair, we laughed because we didn't know whose blue badge to use! What a dilemma!

What a lovely picture ! All the very best to you mate !

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I will tell you what peed me off this week, twice i had to visit the police station at Bournemouth. on both occassions the disabled bays near the door were taken up with police cars and builders vans....none had a blue badge or a parking ticket
I was left to park round the corner some way away and struggle in on crutches in serious pain. it appears that rules are only rules when it suits

You should always photograph them & make a point of complaining . They are the worst offenders of the lot for taking the pee.+It is totally illegal.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
The one that gets me is that old age is a disability...! And I mean the ones that think that just because their old they can park in a disabled bay

Keep smiling as there's always someone worse of then you......(y)
Or people who are grossly overweight are classed as disabled, surely that's self inflicted

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
View attachment 103701 A pic of my Dad and me not long before he died, he was registered blind and I'm in a wheelchair, we laughed because we didn't know whose blue badge to use! What a dilemma!
What a lovely picture ... handsome chappies! :)

... hope your Dad didn't have any problem parking the car! :ROFLMAO: ;)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Or people who are grossly overweight are classed as disabled, surely that's self inflicted

Some people cannot help being overweight. We had a family friend and neighbor many years ago who was clinically obese. After suffering for years they discovered she had a problem with her kidneys which was the cause.

Please also bear in mind that unlike able bodied people some are not able to exercise let alone walk. This is or can be a factor,,

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Some people cannot help being overweight. We had a family friend and neighbor many years ago who was clinically obese. After suffering for years they discovered she had a problem with her kidneys which was the cause.

Please also bear in mind that unlike able bodied people some are not able to exercise let alone walk. This is or can be a factor,,
Agreed, I nearly put not everyone, my own son statement is SLD but also suffers from Prader-Willi, but generally most people I see and know who say they are disabled is due to being overweight and subsequently there disability is due to being overweight
I accept this is always the case thou, so my apologies for not making this clear

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back