Blue badge changes-is this the right place? (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
Seems quite reasonable for three years convenient parking.
I doubt that the present charge goes anywhere near covering council costs to issue the permits.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
That might seem a reasonable increase in charges - to a normal non-dis-abled person who can earn normal wages but to a full-time carer who gets paid £55 per week - it seems an awful lot more!

But that is what this Government is all about - give with one hand and take back with the other. Give me another £60 to help toward heating costs and then charge me £50 for a parking permit so that I can go shopping.

Oh yes, super vote winning idea, that is!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I always have to keep reminding my self:.... the abled body population have no concept of the problems of the disabled have to put up with. they are a little like the religious fanatics, they can only see their own point of view. Of course a little dose of disablement normally cure that. and that often comes with the coming of time.

Doug...

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
That might seem a reasonable increase in charges - to a normal non-dis-abled person who can earn normal wages but to a full-time carer who gets paid £55 per week - it seems an awful lot more!

But that is what this Government is all about - give with one hand and take back with the other. Give me another £60 to help toward heating costs and then charge me £50 for a parking permit so that I can go shopping.

Oh yes, super vote winning idea, that is!

Well said Dick

How much will parent and child parker's pay, they nowadays seem to get the prime places at supermarkets

Last edited:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
"Blue Badge" Scam!!

Hi

So another TAX on disability? Government is good at this, find a "victim" and impose taxes on them, and our local authority are equally prejudiced against disability, they have removed wide bays, reduced the number of Disabled bays. and introduced parking charges, all in the last 5 years.

They even spent money on RAMPS so that a person in a wheelchair can get at the ticket machines, how SICK is that!!!!.

Now IF the disabled Where an ETHNIC minority?????????????

pete

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
blue badge

why is it everything that is sold as use for disabled people is three times and more the price of normal goods,I have to have an electric wheelchair to get about but you could easyly buy a car for the price they want in the DISABLE shops.the outside use ones start at 3 grand how do they arrive at that? and thats VAT exempt.we are forced to buy essencials to survive but i do object for being ripped off.thank goodness for ebay for sensible prices.moan over.MUZ.::Angry:

Oscarmax

Free Member
Oct 22, 2008
Funster No
MH
Coach
Exp
may 2008
The amount of people I see pull up, put the badges on the dash and stroll off, occasionally with the walking stick under the arm. The system is being abused by some people. :Eeek:

I then see disabled people with wheelchair or disabled children stuggle, it make me mad :Angry::Angry:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
The amount of people I see pull up, put the badges on the dash and stroll off, occasionally with the walking stick under the arm. The system is being abused by some people. :Eeek:

I then see disabled people with wheelchair or disabled children stuggle, it make me mad :Angry::Angry:

Not all disabilities are visable, but i do agree with you that some abuse family badges, they should be dispalyed face up showing disabled persons photo or thier carers somehow

Last edited:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

On the subject of Parent & Child parking spaces, this really annoys me, in our local supermarket they are marked as Parent & Infant parking showing a sign of a baby which i totally agree with,

I think people seem to feel if they have children with them no matter what age they are allowed to use those spaces, I wish my mum was still alive i would take her with me, they really should be marked for parents with babies

I also agree that the photo should be face up, and I think the supermarkets etc who monitor the use of these spaces should also be empowered to monitor the use of the badge as there does appear to be a lot of abuse.

thats my rant over:ROFLMAO:

Well said Dick

How much will parent and child
parker's
pay, they nowadays seem to get the prime places at supermarkets

Last edited:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing

Not all disabilities are visable, but i do agree with you that some abuse family badges, they should be dispalyed face up showing disabled persons photo or thier carers somehow

Hi

To take an example, my wife`s widowed cousin is DYING, aged 65, she has 7x15mm tumors on her liver and 4 bigger ones on her Lungs, she can hardly breathe and walking is not an option. BUT to look at her she looks "normal" especially when sat down in her car.

We are lucky, we are off to Spain to give the arthritis some relief, Its deadly just now with the cold and damp, but the sad thing is we probably won`t see her again, chemo is no longer touching it, although they are talking of trying an experimental new drug on her, but its not a cure just hopefull that she might get a few more weeks/months?.

So when you are Bitching about blue badge abuse, just remember it`s the cruel minority (as ever) that will, if its not resisted, ruin it for the very sick and disabled, I am forever reporting "badge" abuse to local authority and supermarkets, I NEVER use a disabled bay if SWMBO is NOT with me, and if I catch some one doing it I WILL report them!!.

They are tightening up the proceedures for issue, BUT a review of current holders is long overdue. In the meantime its up to everyone to report abuses. But do not be too ready to assume that if someone can Actually walk, they are abusing the privelage. Its not always the case.

My wife can walk, stiffly, and with a pronounced limp but not unfortunately very far, and if we get a narrow parking bay she cannot use it because without the door WIDE open she is "trapped", as she cannot twist round to get out, as twisting motion would cause dislocation of her hip OR dislocate the back (again) and then she`s back in hospital!!. (again).

On a lighter note I (once) parked in the Parent/child bays a Tesco`s and went in with my "child" (aged 42) a woman gave me a "look" so I just pointed to me and then him and said parent, child? We got a crate of beer & lottery ticket and left!!. true to say my lottery didnt come up so maybe "god" was punishing me?. and `Ive NEVER done it since!!

Pete

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,

On the subject of Parent & Child parking spaces, this really annoys me, in our local supermarket they are marked as Parent & Infant parking showing a sign of a baby which i totally agree with,

I think people seem to feel if they have children with them no matter what age they are allowed to use those spaces, I wish my mum was still alive i would take her with me, they really should be marked for parents with babies

why should parents with children be priviledged with their own parking places.....

the parents are quite capable of picking up the baby and carrying it 100yards or so, they aint heavy, or placing baby in a buggy and older kids are quite capable of walking to the doors.
when they leave the supermarket they have all thier goods in a trolley like the rest of us and the baby is in the babyseat/carseat across the trolley.

this makes me even madder than the crap parkers who 'need' two spaces cos they can be bothered to park straight and straddle two bays.

i'm spending my money in the supermarket....i'll park where the hell i want. :Angry:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp

OK mother have to load their babies in seats so need may wider bay but why right by the entrance? surely they are fit and able so wider parking away from the doors should not be a problem should it?

My mother never had a car and got on quite well.

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
OK mother have to load their babies in seats so need may wider bay but why right by the entrance? surely they are fit and able so wider parking away from the doors should not be a problem should it?

My mother never had a car and got on quite well.

bet they get the sprog IN the car on their narrow drive though:Angry:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I think the wider spaces are so they don't damage other cars with their doors etc. while they are trying to get the babies in the seats.

I must agree while I can see the benefit to have a wider space I can't see why they need to be near the entrance and I certainly can't see why they shouldn't be restricted to only those with infants, not just any children.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back