Free Member
Sep 21, 2007
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Since 2004
We had a pleasant suprise this month while touring in France. Over the past years we have always displaid our blue badge in the front of our RV. Unfortunatley at the Tolls this did not seem to make a difference, so this year I decided to get Keith to physiclay hold up the badge and state handicap to the person on the tolls. This made a big difference as one or two had to phone to confirm but all the others just reduced our tolls to class 1. This made a big saving, on one toll alone it was over 30 euros less.
Class one for an RV towing a Car. What better way to boost our holiday fund.

Little Kath.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Well done!!!!!!:thumb::thumb: hope others follow your lead.
My wife is disabled we do not go abroad but take advantage of any thing offered. My wife always says if she has to put up with being disabled, although she would rather be able bodied she will take advantage of anything offered, every little helps.

Good luck

Joan and Dave

Yetties

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Radstock Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Some tolls also in this country

My wife is a blue badge holder and whilst travelling we have found some consessions in this country as well

A case in point is the Severn Bridge if you produce a blue badge at a manned toll booth it is free to cross into wales you just have to get the disabled person to sign for the crossing and it seems they take the details off the card

My understanding is that this is regardless of the size of the vehicle

Hope others find this useful

Neil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
tolls

just come over the humber bridge (free for blue badge holders) although you have to send for vouchers.
also have a card for the dartford crossings.
it's free to badge holders so use it.

live long and prosper:ROFLMAO::roflmto::winky:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Another one that is worth thinking about if you get DLA is the M6 Toll section, if you apply and get a card for 3years or till you change your van if earlier it is free, I think our last one cost £5 approx.:thumb::thumb::thumb:admin fee.

Dave & Joan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back