Bloomin' Warners have a cheek (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Received a letter today starting "I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for pre-booking to attend this year's National Motorhome Show, which took place at the East of England Showground on 27th-29th April.
The official start to our 2012 season and our longest running show had promised to be a really fantastic event and despite being affected by the worst April weather in 100 years, we hope that you got something positive out the Show."

It goes on, a bit later, "As a valued customer and in recognition of your support, we would like to invite you to join us at next year's National Motorhome Show and offer a special discounted rate of £5.00 off your pre-booked pitch price. What's more, if you rally with your club at the Show you will receive a further £2.00 off, plus MMM and Caravan magazine subscribers can also claim their £2.00 discount."

That's nice, I thought, they're showing some appreciation for all of us advance bookers who had a wash-out this year.

Then, though, I see "If you would like to take advantage of this fantastic saving please complete the form overleaf and return it to us by no later than 30th November, as this is a one-off exclusive offer."

So really they are just trying to take our money off us several months earlier than we would normally book. The on-line booking isn't even open yet. Cheeky beggars.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
They are also guaging interest. After low attendances at shows this year, the chicken and egg situation needs another look at, low punter numbers, less traders booking, which equals less punters next time and so on and so forth.
If they got say 500 people to make a booking now, they could possibly, legitimatley canvas traders with "booking numbers are up on this time last year" or "pre booking figures show a good healthy footfall". and suchlike.
Once the traders start booking, they can then flip the patter to you "more traders than last year" etc.

What they won't do, is say that once youve paid, they will drag your life savings/pride and joy through a swamp, dump it there and drag it out again at the end of the show and not give a toss that the cleaning bill will now be added to the over the top rates that they charge.

I had all this "show" rubbish for years with the other hobby, paying stupid prices to camp at a show to see gear you,d already seen at all the others, and if you dont go round the stalls, why pay high prices for camping?.....why not just have a rally if peple want to meet up?

When i have to pay to go to a major shopping centre or tesco,s, then i may be convinced that there is some logic to shows, until then, i,ll use the internet for purchases, forums for information...............and stick to a weekend away costing me £20-25.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well unless someone knows a better way, I cannot make £7.00 on a £42 investment any other way !

It was hardly Warners fault the whole thing was terrible.. And the tractors did an absolute sterling service from dawn till dusk too

I am sending my kite off tomorrow to book :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I agree, John, the weather wasn't Warners' fault. Still think it's a bit cheeky, though, to trumpet a bonus and then say it has to be taken up within about 5 weeks when the show is 6 months away.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I received the same letter this morning and as I don't intend to give warners the privilege of holding my hard earned pennies for 4-5 months and they will not give the discount nearer the time, it is now unlikely we shall go to the Peterboro' show in 2013 ..... or probably any other Warner show.

It's about time Warners realised that they need us and the traders much more than we need them so :Tongue1::moon: to them.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If you are definatly going its worth having after all you aint gonna make a fiver interest on the entry fee if the bank keep it
Only gamble is if they go belly up before the show then you've lost yer dosh:Angry:
As for the hope I got something positive out the show, I certainly did:thumb:
I got positively soaked:Doh:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I got something positive too !!

I learned from geo all about how to get a free hook up by plugging straight in to the dirt !

That was a great tip Geo, and since we spoke about it I can confirm it works for me too :thumb:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Well unless someone knows a better way, I cannot make £7.00 on a £42 investment any other way !

It was hardly Warners fault the whole thing was terrible.. And the tractors did an absolute sterling service from dawn till dusk too

I am sending my kite off tomorrow to book :thumb:

For me it's not the saving of a few bob, but the principal that if we are such "valued customers" then the offer should be open until the close of bookings.:Angry:

I hope with the loss of profit on last years shows they are still in business for 2013 :winky:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Spend all that money on a van then take it to a place only fit for tractors:Doh:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I got something positive too !!

I learned from geo all about how to get a free hook up by plugging straight in to the dirt !

That was a great tip Geo, and since we spoke about it I can confirm it works for me too :thumb:

Sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
they'l all want to know how it works

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We will not make it, but must say had a great time at the last one, and great company and some very good helpers. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But we will be somewhere warmer we hope. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

Newleaf

Free Member
Nov 23, 2011
East Grinstead
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
East of England Showground

My gripe is not really with Warners but with the East of England Showground providing such pathetic services for motorhomers. They don't even have a motorhome service point yet numerous events take place there for which motorhomes are encouraged to attend.
This years event was a dismal washout, I arrived in the evening to see that it would be crazy to park in my assigned slot so I just parked next to the approach road and stayed put. Woke up in the morning to find I was in the middle of pond!!! Whilst waiting for the tractor I took a walk around the show to find everybody had either packed up and gone home or was in the process of doing so, eventually got 50% of the fees back from Warners though. Think I will wait and see what the weather forecast is nearer the time :)

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Still think it's a bit cheeky, though, to trumpet a bonus and then say it has to be taken up within about 5 weeks when the show is 6 months away.

Maybe they've just realized that it'll take them 5 months to build a pumping station and special drainage on the site, and they don't have any spare change right now :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back