Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Seems to be all over just about!

Portugal....

A national warning advising people throughout Portugal to take special care when out and about tonight (November 27) and tomorrow has been launched by Portugal’s Civil Protection Authority (ANPC).

Heavy rain and strong winds are expected across the country, with the worst of the weather forecast for the centre and south of Portugal between 9pm tonight and 3am tomorrow. Northern regions are expected to be worst hit between 3am and 9am tomorrow.

- See more at: http://portugalresident.com/nationwide-weather-warning#sthash.r5PYDmYt.dpuf

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Puerto de Mazzaron. Murcia
S'posed to rain yesterday. Sunny
F'cast rain today - cloudy am sunny pm.
forcast 'til mon WET
Better than UK.
lol
(She's got her thick tracky bottoms and warm cardie on. Its 20°!)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
They say the weather cycle that dumped 1.5metres of Snow on the good ol' USof A will reach us here in the U K about early next week, not that we are expecting Snow here in the South West, places like Scotland might get a smattering tho.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
Weather was ok in the UK till he returned earlier this year - been good since he left as well.:D

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Fascinating stuff this weather. According to tonight's weather forecast for the uk high pressure will push the big low over the Atlantic south - onto Portugal!

Just get out and have a dance in the rain! It is what they would have done in the past.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
It started raining here (Brittany) last Friday and yesterday it started easing off and we had high winds. This morning, there is a strange yellow thing burning in the sky, I'm sure I've seen it before.......
Allan

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Some people do moan about the weather, as of yet it has only rained during the night in the Algarve, I suspect today maybe the exception though. Really these people should be exiled to Todmorden for a year and then they will appreciate good weather when they see it

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Simple solution to your weather problem...

Evict, kick him off site,, (y) :giggler:

Reactions: GJH

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The sun is streaming through the kitchen window here as a lovely day starts in Wales. :)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Simple solution to your weather problem...

Evict, kick him off site,, (y) :giggler:

Oi it really isn't my fault, that Ksebruce next door has been doing rain dances because he wanted to make sure we had done a proper job of sealing his roof.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Yes, I remember!

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
See they have no patience, by 11.00 they were sat out in tee shirts taking in the glorious sunshine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: GJH

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
Seems to be all over just about!

Portugal....

A national warning advising people throughout Portugal to take special care when out and about tonight (November 27) and tomorrow has been launched by Portugal’s Civil Protection Authority (ANPC).

Heavy rain and strong winds are expected across the country, with the worst of the weather forecast for the centre and south of Portugal between 9pm tonight and 3am tomorrow. Northern regions are expected to be worst hit between 3am and 9am tomorrow.

- See more at: http://portugalresident.com/nationwide-weather-warning#sthash.r5PYDmYt.dpuf

That explains why Joanne & I were outside at 2am this morning, soaking wet,still in our Jim jams and hanging on to our wind out awning for dear life!!!
We're at Isla Cristina just east of the Algarve.
It's taken us all morning so far to check for damage & sweep debris away etc.
The awning doesn't wind back in quite as well as it used to either, bugger!
It's strictly only for use as a sun shade from now on, now we just need some sun:)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough

Deleted User
That explains why Joanne & I were outside at 2am this morning, soaking wet,still in our Jim jams and hanging on to our wind out awning for dear life!!!
We're at Isla Cristina just east of the Algarve.
It's taken us all morning so far to check for damage & sweep debris away etc.
The awning doesn't wind back in quite as well as it used to either, bugger!
It's strictly only for use as a sun shade from now on, now we just need some sun:)

Perhaps a like is not entirely appropriate, we are at Cabaanas de Tavira and it was blowing a hooly and raining down last night. I have just erected a 'do it yourself' safari room to our 5'er and last night was it's first test. Apart from a few leaks it survived unlike some neighbours who left there wind out awning out and sometime during the night it flipped over the roof despite storm straps. Winds and rain like this happen throughout Iberia, especially this time of year....be prepared!!:)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
But that rain was whilst we were in bed, it can do that every night just s long as the days are pleasant. Hey is anyone else like us and just love being tucked up in bed listening to the torrential rain and gentle rocking of the van?

Yes, love listening to the rain on the roof - as long as I am inside, warm and dry.I also like being at sea with a gentle wind and rain - rocks me to sleep.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back