Bloody Phesants (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
If in Norfolk it would have a peasant for sure......

Pah! They need a damned solid thrashing, that'll stopped the blighters getting uppity.
Why only yesterday some Labour johnny came knocking, want me to vote for him!
By the time memsahib fetched the Bullington 12 bore the bounder was out of range!

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Some use lamin x film and stick this to the headlight glass.

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
We had a similiar experience in 2016 on our Burstner. Doing about 56 on a dual carriageway and it ran out in front, nothing I could do and hit centre of the front panel.
Unfortunately for us it jumped up and it hit the fibreglass panel that runs from one wing to the other and houses the lights.
CamperUk from where we got it, said they might be able to repair, if not it was a new panel (£1200) plus fitting and vat. So we went through the insurance, in the end they were able to repair and made a good job, but was still several hundred quid.
Best thing is you'll probably get hounded like we do, two years later, from companies phoning to say you have had an accident and they can help you claim back the excess! Have great fun telling them to contact Mr Pheasant!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We have a cock pheasant who comes into the field behind the house most mornings. We feed him seeded bread. He keeps out of the way of tractors Hymers, and half pint Nigels with shot guns.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Once hit a small deer with my car...a mk1 escprt....that was in the days of chromed steel bumpers and metal front ends.
Had to reverse off it but only a little kink in the front skirt and a little bit of fur on the bumper.
Little fecker jumped up and ran off without leaving its details.
Had it been plastic like today's cars it would have been a write off.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Only slight positive I can offer Steve is at least it is the nearside light, so any possibility of it still having one of the duff light units fitted is overcome now o_O

£1400 inc VAT 2 years ago via Travel World, plus fitting, ours does have washers though

I am interested to know where you have sourced protectors from, I tried and failed following my issues, where Hymer insisted mine was stone chip damage, no doubt for you at least o_O

I have also heard that some got fitted over seas for less, but watch out for the washer bit and ours has bi xenon lights so needs the right connections for that, best of luck sorting it quickly

I also hope your new one fits, we had to modify ours, the new one had a slightly different profile, needed grinding to fit :(

How much,,,for a headlamp,,,Glad i run an older van,,Bloody bad luck,,Think protectors are a must at that price,,BUSBY,,

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Travelling the A27 eastwards going to Brighton on wednesday a cock pheasant ran out in front of me.
Hit it at 60mph. Saw all the feathers etc in my wing mirror.
Cut through some back roads to Lancing seafront when a bus driver started pointing to the van front.
There was a lovely dead pheasant hanging by his left leg from the valance/bumper.
i've now got some lovely new feathers for my hat..

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Travelling the A27 eastwards going to Brighton on wednesday a cock pheasant ran out in front of me.
Hit it at 60mph. Saw all the feathers etc in my wing mirror.
Cut through some back roads to Lancing seafront when a bus driver started pointing to the van front.
There was a lovely dead pheasant hanging by his left leg from the valance/bumper.
i've now got some lovely new feathers for my hat..

...... and devilled pheasant main meal :lips:

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
My headlamp protectors are the same as those on ebay.

20180206_143450.jpg

Pete

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
The funny thing is we had just discussed orderering them when the bird hit us now we have them ready to fit.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun