Bloody Pheasants ! (1 Viewer)

george w menzies

Free Member
Apr 25, 2018
Funster No
I blame the farmers they must be awful at shooting nowadays the amount around :D
yes blame the farmers, these half tame pheasants are hand-reared since popping out there shell
grown to half size then released when shooting season starts the corporate guys from the city pay big money for the privilege of shooting them .

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
They shouldn't be here and ought to be classed as an invasive non-native species but I can't see that happening yet.

Yup....I agree.
At the very least they ought to be rung so that you can identify which estate they come from, well that's when they don't fly off of course, then you should be able to send a bill to them for the damage caused......failing that we should be able to bill the closest landowner/estate.
After all they rake in a pretty penny from people wanting to attend shoots, time for them to take some responsibility.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
You lot seem to have it so easy ...
On Sunday I was out on my mountain bike at the top end of the Ribble valley. My normal route takes me back to West Martin where I can join the Leeds Liverpool canal for an easy ride home.
Just before the bridleway joins the canal towpath I caught up with a young lady walking two horses up to the stables.
I stay well back from horses as A, they don't have brakes and are best part of a ton each and B, disc brakes have a tendency to squeal when wet and may scare the horses.
As we get to the last section the lady leading the horses pulls them into one side and thanks me and tells me to come past. Ok, thanks says I and just as I slowly get level with the larger if the two horses a bl**dy pheasent jumps out of the bushes. Well all hell let's loose. The bigger horse kicks the smaller horse. The smaller horse jumps to one side bashing into the young lady who trips and slips on the wet grass and in the process she topples into me knocking me off balance and I wobble into the verge. Unfortunately the verge isn't grass as it looks but a deep ditch full of water and mud and horse sh*t. I have nowhere to go but down into the ditch.
Everything went very quiet. I look up at the "horse" lady who is busting a gut trying not to laugh. It was so ridiculous I just bust out laughing.
The moral of the story. On Sundays stay in the pub where you're warm and safe from pheasent and horses.
Phil
Oh dear......neither of you could have predicted that, glad there were no injuries.
A big :calig:though on behalf of anybody involved with horses for being so considerate.:clap:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Stupid Birds, You would think after several Hundred Years, they would KNOW, when the man shouts and waves at them to fly over HIS head and not into the Guns!. The pre Xmas Pheasant Slaughter is in full swing round here. One of the local Farmers Runs "Shooting Parties". Allegedly around 3 grand a gun!. Our dog is definitely NOT a gun dog when the shooting starts she hides under the furniture, beds et; anything that is handy.

BTW, virtually all the Pheasants around Dorscester will be the "property" of HRH Charles Etc; Prince of Wales. Most of the land is/was part of the Duchy of Cornwall as I remember. Many of the farmers being his tenants.
its a real pain to lose an ear ring, and can be very expensive to replace!?

Buzz Baby

Free Member
Mar 10, 2019
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since September 2017
What I don't understand about pheasants is...….do they not realise that they can FLY across the damn roads, they don't have to slow march across them. Do their mothers teach them nothing????:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back