Bloody computers, I hate them... (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I was on the forum yesterday afternoon/evening....... Shut down as normal, and orft to bed..

This morning I switched on and clicked on my usual home page and NO Internet.... so clicks on the internet access as I do sometimes and it came up = No internet access..... tried a few times but not having any...:(

So went out to the Motorhome and put`s the dish up and connects through the dish... OK for about five minutes while I do the daily quiz, just going to send my result`s when that internet connection failed... (Might have been a gust of wind that moved the dish, I had to put it down, so may be OK on the Satellite internet, but to blowy to try)

The BT internet is working in the house but NOT on my computer...

I am using an old computer that works to send this ,,,,,,, but it is so frustratingly slow...

Any idea`s as to what may be wrong with MY computer....

Any help would be gratefully received.... due to the slowness of this computer I wont be back on till tonight..

Many Thanks.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Try restarting your router and the PC
Our BT home hub sometimes 'blocks' our PC internet access and restarting both always resolves this
If this does not work I'd check the physical connection from the PC
Hope this helps
Robert

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Click on the Wifi icon bottom right of the screen and it will give you what wifi is available click on yours and it may just need the instruction to connect again otherwise it should give you more info. Have you had a power cut since the last time you used it ?? could be your wifi router needs resetting

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Try restarting your router and the PC
Our BT home hub sometimes 'blocks' our PC internet access and restarting both always resolves this
If this does not work I'd check the physical connection from the PC
Hope this helps
Robert

Thanks, Robert..

That is one of the things the Misses did/tried this morning...

Just seems strange, as it is only mine that is not working..

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Click on the Wifi icon bottom right of the screen and it will give you what wifi is available click on yours and it may just need the instruction to connect again otherwise it should give you more info. Have you had a power cut since the last time you used it ?? could be your wifi router needs resetting

Hi Bill...

No power cut.... I will get Judy to try that when she get`s back from the shops....

Cannot get into the front lounge where the puter is, the builders have got all the flooring up..

Thanks Mate, hope you are on the mend..

PS................. Yes I did that when it went down and after I had been on the Satellite internet.... and it did not work..

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just seems strange, as it is only mine that is not working..
I've had exactly the same problem at home
Wifi worked fine on all other devices but my PC hard wired connection didn't work.
Like I said - restarting the router and the PC at the same time resolved this
If your PC is on wifi I'd check on the PC that wifi is still enabled and/or connect the PC to the router with s cable

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
We have Virgin and have a constant problem since March, works for 2-3 weeks fine then only a couple of computers can get the internet. I don't know about BT but on our hub there is a tiny hole with a reset button, I need a pen nib to get at it, I have to press that in for about 20 seconds then re-boot the hub, although that might happen automatically when the button is released, just re-booting the hub does not work.

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
do you have a 'wireless radio' on/off button on one of the F keys by any chance ?

I've hit mine by mistake and it turns off the wifi .. looks like an antenna on the F3 key

Mine is on the f12 key (Toshiba Satellite).

I have had similar problems in the past and as stated above restarting the computer and or the BT box has effected a cure.

Good luck - I'm sure there will be a joke to come out of this when it's sorted!

Dave

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes, click on the Wifi icon and then select Troubleshooting.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Win 10 is doing this, I've had to clear mine several times since updating to 10. Google it and you should come up with the answers on how to do it (I've forgotten I'm afraid).

D.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Thanks all who responded to a Damsel in distress... Your a great bunch... (y) :*

I don`t know what it was..... But Judy who is reasonably switched on.... Turned the Router off.... turned the Computer off...

Turned the Router back on..... disconnected the Phone line... pressed a few button`s..... turned the Computer back and the router....

Swore a few times..... then got a card BT sold us, and put in our number that was on the card..

And Hey-Presto............. here I am....

I had an idea that was what the problem was.. :RollEyes: :wink:

But joking aside...

What did we do before the introduction of the internet.??? :wub:

Thankyou... :cheers:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Talk to each other and make babies?

D.
Funny you should say that!
Working on a mates cooker switch and outlet (domestic) I tripped the RCD.
Knowing I would probably trip it again I left it off.
10 mins late he said....listen!
They are talking to each other (wife and two kids)

Leccy off, router down, results in conversation.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back