Blogs and Blogging here on Fun (2 Viewers)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Blogs have received a major rebuild, with plenty of new features and functionality! Most existing blogs have been imported into the new blogs system, however some old one post blogs have been deleted.

Personally I love reading others blogs, especially about their travels, but I lack discipline when running/writing my own. The new system gives bloggers the same functionality as the major blogging platforms plus a lot more member interaction.

Maybe this is the year you start to keep a blog, it can be about anything, you can write in it once a day or once a month, you can blog about everyday life or just those special trips. Its great to share and interact with your readers and excellent to look back on. Why not give it a go? You'll find the link to the blog in the blue menu bar above, and I'll try and make a quick video later about how to make the best of it. Meanwhile, the information below should get you started (y) . Blogs

The Basics
Most people will have just one blog, but with the new system you can have multiple blogs so you can keep things separated if you wish. You might blog about your multi-day touring trips and weekends away in one blog while your everyday adventures, or a blog about building your motorhome is in another. Each blog can have multiple entries and pictures within. You can choose if your blog entries can be rated by others and receive comments from your readers.

Your Blog(s)
when you create a blog, or edit your existing blog, you can give it a title and description, as well as a bio about yourself (the blog author). You can (and should) also upload a photo to give your blog a cover image. Then when creating the blog. You can also choose..
  • If users following your blog will get an alert when you update/edit it,
  • If users can rate and/or review your blog and its blog entries, and
  • How many recent blog entries should be displayed/highlighted when a user is looking at your blog homepage.
Your Blog Entries
When creating a blog entry within your blog, you give it a title, and optional brief description, and the full text of your blog entry (with full editor for links, images, files, formatting, etc.). You also get to decide..
  • What categories should your blog entry be within,
  • Whether to send an alert to users following your blog,
  • Whether to display your author bio below the blog entry
  • If comments and or ratings are allowed against this blog entry.
You can also decide if your blog entry should be published immediately or later. You can also blog retrospectively and select a date/time in the past, or define a future date and time for it to be automatically published by the server at that date and time.

More features
  • Mark Read - mark all blogs entries as having been read, the main navigation item showing you how many unread new blog entries you have
  • Search - search through blogs and blog entries
  • Category Pages - displays recent blog entries grouped by category, and enables you to filter by category
  • Notable Blogs / Authors - listing, by different criteria, popular blogs and popular authors
  • Categories - select categories that are applicable for your blog entry
  • Tags - tag your blog(s) and blog entries with keywords
  • Follow Blogs/Authors and Watched Content - you can watch/follow authors, blogs, and blog entries to receive an alert when these are updated
  • Reviews - if a blog authors selects, your can write a review about their blog entry
  • New Content - display recently added blog entries, comments, and review
  • Stats - on the sidebar, see statistics and leaderboards about top authors, top commenters, recent comments, etc.
  • Profile Page - Blogs have a tab on user's profile pages, showing the most recent blog entries
  • Members Card - the pop-up members card (when you click on a users hyperlinked username) shows how many blogs and blog entries a user has

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
I thought I'd try and read a few blogs but keep getting "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." This seems to be when I try to open attached images.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Can one have the blog private but just invite follower or can any one follow a blog if i was doing one i would like it to be view only by invitation
and who owns the intellectual property to the blog the author of the blog or the forum
bill

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Can one have the blog private but just invite follower or can any one follow a blog if i was doing one i would like it to be view only by invitation
and who owns the intellectual property to the blog the author of the blog or the forum
bill

No we cannot have private blogs at the moment. it might be a feature introduced in the near future.

As for your IP question, that is clear in our terms. Essentially you have to give us the rights to publish however it remains your property.

Subject to the rights and license you grant to us under these Terms of Use you retain all your right, title and interest in your User Content submissions. This means that copyright in your User Content will remain with you and that you can continue to use the material in any way, including allowing others to use it.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The "Display unread blog entries count above navigation tab" option in preferences won't stay unchecked.

If you uncheck it and click save changes the page refreshes and it's checked again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back