Blocked Shower (1 Viewer)

Dec 2, 2013
West Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Back after a 3 year break.
Hi, I'm still a relative newcomer and on my first extended trip. I'm in France and having problems with the shower draining very slowly. I've removed any debris from the drain, but still water is taking ages to drain from the floor plan. My van is a Pilote Reference. I'll be grateful for any advice about what the problem is, and even more grateful for a solution. Do I use a action cup ?

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
You could try some boiling water down the plug hole.... just in case there is any stuff been put down that has solidified...

Or if you can get a plunger try that... alternatively put some water in the tray and make up a sort of cloth pad and use that as a plunger... pumping it up and down over the plug hole...

Other than that if you can get one of those flexible wire things you poke down the plug hole.. :thumb:

Good luck..

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Had the same problem in all our vans!!!
On this one dismantled pipework and all was clear.
Solution is to take out the drain plug from the shower tray, all will run clear then!! :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Could be the shower gel you are using? some of them "foam" the foam solidifies in the pipe, you might need something like "Mr Muscle drain cleaner" to move it

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We have a reference 690 but luckily it all drains fairly well. In previous vans there have been some slow drainage simply due to inherently poor design and air locks - the Lunar was dreadful for this. We do "purge" the system every now and again either with some soda crystals, or cheapo diet cola.

Only had this van for all of 4 weeks so no issues yet, but always alert to it. Hope you can find a cure.... Cheers

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
You could try some boiling water down the plug hole.... just in case there is any stuff been put down that has solidified...

Or if you can get a plunger try that... alternatively put some water in the tray and make up a sort of cloth pad and use that as a plunger... pumping it up and down over the plug ..

Why do I have a vision of Old Mo pumping up and down over a plug hole? :Blush:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
try pouring a couple of bottles of coke down the shower drain. if this fails, the pipe is likely too blocked for it to clear. the only solution then is strip the pipes out and either clean them manually or replace them. the pipes are much smaller than the ones in your house, so drain much slower anyway leaving greasy deposits to build up.

nasty smelly stuff the grease that builds up from soap and body oils, so prevention is better than cure. once clear use a bottle of cheap cola every few months to dissolve any build up

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
........and let it slop around in the grey tank for a while before draining it. It really works!

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
It may sound obvious but is your motorhome level or on a slight slope?
We had a similar issue as newbies but our m/h was on a slight angle which because we only doing a quick overnight stop hadn't bothered putting on the levellers. Had a quick shower and the water was really slow to drain. Moved the angle slightly and hey presto

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back