Blinds ,open or shut (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
We are sat here at Riva bella site at Ouistreham about to go out for the day ,now without doubt this is the worst site we have been on it's like a Itinerant camp most people have left for the ferry like we will do tomorrow but my question is before we go out do we shut all the blinds so no one can see into the van or do we leave all the blinds open so anyone can see what's going on . We do have a strike back/growler but not sure if any one would take much notice on here :eek: the wife says shut everything up and I say leave the blinds open .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Yes I agree but would like to see the Pegasus bridge which is why we booked the site and it's only a mile and a half from the ferry port for our early ferry in the morning . Can't understand why the caravan club recommends this place :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes I agree but would like to see the Pegasus bridge which is why we booked the site and it's only a mile and a half from the ferry port for our early ferry in the morning . Can't understand why the caravan club recommends this place :LOL:
There are loads of Aires around there, just move on, even if you have already paid for your site, it won't cost anymore.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
When you return to U.K. submit a report to the CC and they may change their listing for next year.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Staying out of the move or stay argument we always close the blinds when we go out for the day as it keeps it cooler and keeps out prying eyes.

Martin

Jun 14, 2011
Grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
7 years
Take the van out for the day, I have parked at the museum at Pegasus Bridge. If you have to go back to the site for tonight only (I wouldnt) or just find a local aire instead as has been said. It is not worth the risk and will ruin your holiday if anything happens. Good Luck.

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
We close our blinds to keep the motorhome cooler.
The arrangement that I have with the wife is that if either of us do not feel that a place is safe, for any reason, we move on. Even if the reason sounds crazy. We have no further discussion and go to another place. Haven't done it often but it's better than the constant worry.

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
We've always been a blinds open. Least if someone got in others around may think thats not the people i spoke to yesterday. But i think as others have said we wouldn't stay there. If my gut feeling is not happy we'll move on.

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
I would most definitely move on, hind sight is a wonderful thing but it would ruin your day if when you returned some undesirables had paid you a visit. Not worth taking the risk

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
We close our blinds to keep the motorhome cooler.
The arrangement that I have with the wife is that if either of us do not feel that a place is safe, for any reason, we move on. Even if the reason sounds crazy. We have no further discussion and go to another place. Haven't done it often but it's better than the constant worry.
We do the same if it doesn't feel right move on, in 12+ years of motorhoming we have only moved on about four times but as said before why spoil a holiday by not feeling at ease with where you are.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I agree move on.

The aire at Ouistreham is fine and not far away from you.

Co ordinates:
49.287593, -0.249604

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Just thought after posting, I'm guilty of not answering the ops question. We always leave side blinds open as others will be able to see scrotum in van when the Strikeback goes off.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Use you instinct. If you're not comfortable about leaving it (blinds open or closed) you're unlikely to enjoy the day.
Take it to Pegasus bridge. There's a large car park (free, I think) at the museum.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
We parked on the car park at Pegasus bridge no problem in the car park at the front of the museum and we are 7.3 metres. There were about 5 motorhomes parked there.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Park it at the bridge

We also have a rule if it does not not feel right we move on only ever moved once listen to your gut .

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I prefer blinds closed.
Who takes any notice of alarms any more?
If you have an internal sounder to make the scrotes ears bleed they arnt going to stay in long any way :)

We stayed in some "interesting" places in New Zealand and after having a logical think never moved on :)

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Well took onboard your advice ,took the mh down to the museum,a very emotional place especially the shed showing all the war graves made worse with the background music of brothers in arms by dire straits . Now have come back but the site is again full of brits so feel better (safer) now .thanks everyone for your advice (y)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Take the van out for the day, I have parked at the museum at Pegasus Bridge. If you have to go back to the site for tonight only (I wouldnt) or just find a local aire instead as has been said. It is not worth the risk and will ruin your holiday if anything happens. Good Luck.

ditto, the large museum car park is good

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back