Free Member
Apr 2, 2016
Wigan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Two Weeks :)
they arrived today, I will have a go and report back tomorrow :)

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I've seen those fitted to the back window of vans, but never as a sideways blind spot aid. Whereabouts are they fitted?
The ones fitted to trucks are fitted on the passenger side window. They are not sticky they just fix on a bit like cling film.The one I used had the centre on the lens sort of pulled to near the bottom. If that makes sense.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Yep got one of for that very reason, small unobtrusive and easy to fit, just make sure your monitor has dual inputs(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

David27

Free Member
Mar 13, 2016
Audlem, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
since 2014
I also need to solve this problem. Looking forward to Ed-E's report. That has got to be the easiest way ! If I have to go to a camera I will, but fitting is a worry. When people say things are " easy to fit", they don,t allow for all the idiots in the world.
David.

David27

Free Member
Mar 13, 2016
Audlem, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
since 2014
I went down to Spain for Jan/Feb. This was my first solo trip. I did find the blind spot a big problem, there are situations when you just can't manoeuvre ( I cut and pasted that one ) or square up. I bought a cheap additional mirror from the Chinese Emporium, which did help but is not a viable long term solution.
DSCN1246.JPG
As I don't have a reversing camera at present hence I will need to buy a camera and monitor. I have been looking online and there are numerous kit versions. Some are wired into the reversing light so only operate when reversing.
I will need one that will function full time. I have seen wireless options, do these work ? Any help or advice would be gratefully received. Thank you David.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
This will do the job (and many others like it). The camera, extension lead if needed, and monitor, have matching plugs/sockets. Other connections are a power supply and earth - even a cigar lighter plug would do the job. Whether they're on all the time or only when reversing is determined by where you obtain the power supply - permanent or only when the reversing lights are on.

There's no particular advantage in using wireless except when fitting the camera at the rear (it avoids a long wiring run) and only then if using reversing light power for the camera (because it can be taken from the reversing light). wireless are also prone to dropping the signal just when you need it and to interference.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am a solo driver as well. As others have said try to get at 90Degrees to the junction and where this isn't possible I go to the other extreme and try to get as close to level with the road I want to enter. I then use the electric mirror adjustment on the wide angled bit at the bottom. This gives me a full view. Never need a camera yet.

The only blind spot I have trouble with is on a normal single carriage way in France when following a very slow lorry. I can't see on coming traffic. Luckily I am very patient so just go with the flow.

Jan 9, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
How about one or two of these. They fasten securely onto the mirror housing and can fill the gap between the wing mirror and what can be seen through the side windows.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Two solutions without technology, either position yourself at right angles(as already mentioned) or try and get parallel with the road so you can see with the mirrors which is easier if there is a bit of hard shoulder.

I have to do one of these manoeuvres at most junctions in the UK or on the continent due to being old and can't swivel my neck much:)

Same here,,very limited neck movement,,BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back