Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Now I am not one to recomend sites as one mans meat is another mans poisen......but now and then something is so good it needs sharing.

When we left Carvynick on the 11th April we made our way to Well Somerset......the site we chose was Wells Holiday Park mainly because it could cater for 14mtr long RVs and it was Adult only.

Upon arrival access was no problem even at 18.75mtrs with the trailer loadsa space.

The owner Jason was not there his Father greeted us and couldn't have been more helpfull (Jason is the same very helpfull) you got the impression nothing was too much trouble.

As it turned out 14mtrs was a little ambitious....but there are a couple of 12mtr pitches and plenty that could accomodate 38ft using the grass to overhang the back.......All pitches are serviced with Electric and plenty of fresh water stands.......black and grey dump for RVs is a manhole easy access and no need to leave the tarmac.

Forty five pitches are hard standing and about thirty grass ones.

The whole site is impeccably kept and a credit to Jason and his Dad there is a splendid shower block with underfloor heating (£250,000 spent on building it) by now will have new washer dryers in Link Removed If the site was full the trailer may be an issue beside the RV but as Jason is so accomodating there will be somewhere for it.

Wells is a historic city with a gobsmacking catheadral and buildings to match also a thriving shopping centre, I could have spent a week in Wells alone......it is also within 15 mins walking distance, Wookey Hole Caves just down the road and Shepton Bristol just a Link Removed away..

To sum up a quiet clean well presented adult only site that we will visit again.

Their Web site is wellsholidaypark.co.uk

And here is a bonus although we paid £20 per night including electric and to be truthfull for such a well kept site not bad......if you mention RVOC or MHF he is prepaired to offer us a discount......I didn't talk % with Jason as he will want to see us using them first, totally understandable....but hey something is better than nothing.

Hope this is of use to some of you.

All the best Rick

Aug 18, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2008
Wells

looking bril for us 34ft and not too far away so easy to get to :thumb::thumb:- loads of family issues recently and heart problem tests for me in May:Eeek: so June could be ideal - fingers crossed xx

OP
OP
motor roamin

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
looking bril for us 34ft and not too far away so easy to get to :thumb::thumb:- loads of family issues recently and heart problem tests for me in May:Eeek: so June could be ideal - fingers crossed xx

It is very quiet no footballs against the side of the motorhome, no screaming parents, I will be using them again as I said also Jason (and his Dad) very helpful and motorhome freindly :thumb:

All the best Rick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back