Blaupunkt multimedia / sat nav - advice plese (1 Viewer)

cbrown1360

Free Member
Aug 24, 2015
Lymington
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Does anyone have any experience of using the following:-Blaupunkt Columbia 945 navigation/multimedia system c/w CAM44 dual lens reversing camera. I have a van on order and have decided to go for an aftermarket media / sat nav system and this one has been recommended. Any comments or recommendations would be most welcome.

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
My understanding is that Blaupunkt ceased UK support for their satnav systems about 6 years ago! However this one looks to be fairly new but please make sure that there are going to be regular, free map updates!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have the Blaupunkt New York 835 Truck, our sat nav updates are via naviextras.com. In our box was a code for free updates for 30 days, from registration. Updates afterwards are paid for either for 1 year or ad hoc. Will say that ours has never put a foot wrong excellent.

Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
I too have a New York and it works very well. Their approach to updates via a third party I am not keen on as they are not cheap. I also found support was not easy to get.
Previous van had Pioneer AVIC unit which was superior in my view and had the new van not come with a Blaupunkt I would have another Pioneer.

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
The Columbia system is a bespoke motorhome product. Not a car or previous Blaupunkt system. Dometic and Blaupunkt have developed this motorhome navigation system solely for the motorhome market with the added bonus of the ability to input the motorhome dimensions. The system is completely installed correctly with the latest top of the range Twin lens camera system with the correct switching box. It has DAB radio as standard with many many features all included with the media built in system.
I believe Jim has done a really good write up this system previously on Fun so worth a read @cbrown1360. like I said.... was there anything you wanted to know? you cant compare this system to similar products previously or currently offered by sole Blaupunkt because it is the new Dometic product.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Blaupunkt have uk dealer who offer support. Autosound in Bradford. They sorted my Blaupunkt Dab reception issue.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Does anyone have any experience of using the following:-Blaupunkt Columbia 945 navigation/multimedia system c/w CAM44 dual lens reversing camera. I have a van on order and have decided to go for an aftermarket media / sat nav system and this one has been recommended. Any comments or recommendations would be most welcome.
Link Removed

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Link Removed

I've read through all the material in the link and the product seems to be ideal.
However it all seems to be based on the Android system and as virtually all my stuff is Apple.
My question is, is it comparable?

Spud

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
@Jim Who wrote the article uses Apple

It's the Columbia system that is Android

I love my system personally and I actually paid for it lol

Normally I wait until there is a trade deal at the end of a products line so I take advantage of a freebie

The DAB radio is easy to use and understand, which is important

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Im very tempted by one of these, my main issue is that there is limited information available about it compared to other brands like pioneer.
@eddievanbitz can you tell me
What version of android is it?
Will Blaupunkt be making updates as android bring new versions out?
If I plug a chromecast dongle in the hdmi input will it work with my phone?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I've had it fitted to my van by vanbitz.
The sat nav is the same software that hymer use in their navtec satnav.
I really like it. I updated my last one, cost about eur 110. Maybe something to do every other year, but no free updates as I understand.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back