Blaupunkt maps (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
I wonder if there is an expert here who can help.

We have a Blaupunkt New York which is generally very good. The naviextra mapping system which came with it want me to pay £80 for new maps, this is every time I want to update the maps. This is IMO ridiculously expensive so we are going to revert to using our Garmin (we have lifetime free updated on Garmin).

Is there an alternative mapping system I can use on the Blaupunkt? Anyone know, or am I locked into a very expensive, although good system?

Thanks

Kazzer

Free Member
Feb 5, 2018
Funster No
We have a Blaupunkt New York Truk SavNav and we are having major problems with it. It doesn't take into account the dimensions of our Motorhome. It tries to take us down roads that are no right turn or left turn, thereby breaking the law. It also tries to take us under bridges lower than the height inserted. It also wants us to go around hairpin bends on country lanes that would be impossible for the length of our van. I am getting nowhere trying to sort this out! Frustrated and lacking confidence in a unit not fit for purpose!

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I had a Blaupunkt, now use an Xgody, £39.00, works well in Europe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have a Clarion which uses the Naviextra site for updates and maps, just updated mine cost me £61 which I thought was reasonable as it's the first time have done it since buying the unit 4 years ago.
Are you sure about the price as for me it was €80 not pounds and providing you accept their newsletter, at least once a year if not twice you get a 20% discount code for map updates, which I used.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just to add, the mapping is IGO Pimo on my Clarion probably the same on your unit, so the SD mapping card from one of the £30 - £40 eBay jobs should work providing the operating system is the same as your unit. My Clarion uses Windows CE. For the sake of 20-30 quid I couldn't be bothered to try it and you don't know how up to date the maps would be. If it doesn't work you are down £30-£40, unless you can borrow a card to try.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Do RAC, AA etc update their paper maps four times a year.......no they don't.
And folks still use them so why should a nag need four maps a year.
If you're driving along a road and it shows you in a field, worry not...The field will turn into a road again without fail.
They BUILD roads to alter the layout, not remove them.

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
My son has a Ford Focus with built in sat nav . The maps go in on an sd card , but, all internet searches hint that if you put a "copy" map in the unit does not recognize it . My mate has an Audi A3 which he bought second hand , didn't have sd card and the dealership supplied up to date maps , but had to reset something in the ecu , to recognize the new card, so they said . No charge so probably close to true.
Can I suggrst googling your system name and add update maps.
Sorry I can't give a one solution:).
John

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We have a Blaupunkt New York Truk SavNav and we are having major problems with it. It doesn't take into account the dimensions of our Motorhome. It tries to take us down roads that are no right turn or left turn, thereby breaking the law. It also tries to take us under bridges lower than the height inserted. It also wants us to go around hairpin bends on country lanes that would be impossible for the length of our van. I am getting nowhere trying to sort this out! Frustrated and lacking confidence in a unit not fit for purpose!
Do you have the motorhome software? You can tell as there is a icon of a motorhome on the home sceen

If you do, you should be able to input length, width, height, number of axles, trailer, weight etc

You also select if you have a small medium large or XL motorhome

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Do RAC, AA etc update their paper maps four times a year.......no they don't.
And folks still use them so why should a nag need four maps a year.
If you're driving along a road and it shows you in a field, worry not...The field will turn into a road again without fail.
They BUILD roads to alter the layout, not remove them.
Whilst what you say is correct about the mapping, updates to satnavs also include the many 'points of interest' too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back