Blackpool??? (1 Viewer)

bri

Oct 2, 2020
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR BENIVAN 122
Hiya everyone,can someone tell me if Blackpool have woke up yet to motorhomers? All the motorhomers l know spend plenty while out and about ,l would have thought they would be welcomed back with open arms to help Blackpool revive it's economy.:cool::cool:

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
St Annes and Fleetwood are much quieter and cheaper good bus service and trams to Blackpool. Bpool allows overnighting, when no covid restrictions on the central car parks but check for height barriers ! Those at South Shore and Watson Road have swing over barriers and you will get noisy coach parties till 2 and 3 in the morning plus local boy racers . No parking overnight on the prom.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Haven usually very reasonable out of peak season.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Try the small campsite I think its called Hampton road, nice and central and has a social club on site with friendly locals. The last time we stayed there it worked out cheaper than staying at St Annes and then paying bus fare to and from Blackpool.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Hmmm.... The OP posts about motorhomers spending plenty and the next four posts refer to doing it cheaper 🙂

If I was looking to run a business, I would definitely not want it to have anything to do with motorhoming 🙂

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
If you're in the C&CC club they do a temporary site in the summer. It's on the front just South of Blackpool at a school I think, we were going to go until COVID struck.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
welcome to fun
there's a small independent site at Thornton in Clevelyes which is on the bus route and is a good site.
there were plans for a motorhome parking area on the prom on the north side of BP between BP & Cleveleys but I'm not sure that you can overnight there.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
I think this being in the intro section is not helping with the replies to your question as people assume it is your 1st welcome to the forum even though that was some months ago now. Maybe Jim could move it to a different section to help?

I have never been to Blackpool yet but was booked to go Sept last year at Haven, it was about £10 per night. Once things get back to normal I will be rebooking the same.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
If you're in the C&CC club they do a temporary site in the summer. It's on the front just South of Blackpool at a school I think, we were going to go until COVID struck.
Its at the Old King Edward/Queen Mary School, now called Arnold King Edward very near Fairhaven Lake, got invaded by travellers last year but one¬

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Its at the Old King Edward/Queen Mary School, now called Arnold King Edward very near Fairhaven Lake, got invaded by travellers last year but one¬
We stayed on the THS in summer 2019. We have used it a few times . For us it is a great location.

The traveller issue was when the school was still open early July and they came and went the same day.

Sep 10, 2020
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autograph 69-2
Exp
Moved over to the Dark Side after 16 yrs tugging.
Its surprising how MH unfriendly Blackpool is considering it measures success by numbers of visitors. It's never made good use of the huge parking areas at the end of the motorway roads at South shore.
As rickwiggans says, St Annes down the road has overnight parking at North Car Park and at the RNLI /Swimming pool car park and waste disposal near the pier. Bus access to Blackpool is adjacent. But better still go south to St Annes and Lytham with its new prom and more genteel demeanour. Lots of eateries and little shops.
There are couple of CMHC CLs by the airport and the South Shore Cricket club pitch is regularly used for rallies and I often see MHs in their car park.
Covid permitting of course.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I know I am deviating slightly but anyone.. In fact everyone.. can recommend a tv musical drama if you get chance to see it. You may feel yuk.. Musical.. But it is fabulous. ..... Not to mention David Morrissey :inlove:. It's called Blackpool

Debs Offagain Two of us tonyandcarol Ralph-n-Bev

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back