Blackpool - New daytime parking for motorhomes (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've just received details from Blackpool Council of new daytime parking provision for motorhomes. It is located just beyond Blackpool FC ground (arriving from the south along Yeadon Way). It was formerly known as Lonsdale Road Coach Station, nearest postcode being for the Lonsdale Car Park (FY1 6EE). The Tariff is £5 for 12 Hours (no overnight camping).

Currently, it will be shared with coaches this year. However, coaches are tending to drive past this site and use the council's new facility further up the road. The uptake by motorhome users will be closely monitored this year and if it's a success the site should become solely motorhomes next year. Users should depart to the South as there are height-restriction barriers at various exit points to the North.

Motorhome users can still use coach bays at one of the council's other sites but will have to pay the coach-rate if they do so.

Brian Flower, the parking officer at Blackpool Council, has put a lot of effort into making specific provision for motorhomes (as well as sending updated information to me without being asked). Hopefully his efforts will be rewarded by a positive uptake. As mentioned, there is no overnight camping allowed at present but you never know what might happen in future.

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Do you have information as to when the 12 hrs start and finish? ie 12.00 - 12.00 or 08.00 - 20.00.
The reason I am asking is that I may want to use this facility to come and see the illuminations, so would be quite late in the evening when leaving.
Bill

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I don't know the hours, Bill, but I've just sent an e-mail to Brian Flower so no doubt he will get back to me. I'll post details when I have them.

The charges sheet Link Removed isn't specific but Brian is currently preparing revised guidance notes so any questions like yours will, I'm sure, be helpful to that exercise.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've heard back from Brian Flower re the 12 hour question and he has added a couple of other points.

There is no set time of operation for the 12hr limit. As stated, the only stipulation is "No Overnight Camping". We actually want visitors to stay as long as possible to enjoy the Illuminations and all the other fine attractions we have to offer. So, arriving at say 1pm there's no problem being there until 1am. Can you also point out there are 44 bays capable of taking A class vans. One other point that I'd like to raise. This is a "Special" tariff we have come up with and there is no "Blue Badge" user concession. We'll be more than happy to
receive input from people that have used the site. They can e-mail us at
parking@blackpool.gov.uk

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
If folk use and dont abuse this facility, it just might make all those other councils around our coastline sit up and take notice, but as we know there are always the few that will make a rod for the backs of the rest of the community by having to do it their way.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Update (apologies for the mistake).

Use postcode FY1 6JJ to approach the site via Yeadon Way. Do not use postcode FY1 6EE to locate the site as satnav will lead you to Lonsdale Road itself and there is a height barrier preventing access to Lonsdale car park.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back