Black waste Dump at Cobham services M25 (1 Viewer)

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
M5 Services near Bristol is presumably Gordano. I've never heard of a dump point there, Welcome Break don't publicise one and there is no mention on the Motorway Services Online web site. Gordano doesn't even have caravan/motorhome spaces, you have to park with the HGVs.
I had a look online myself Graham, before I posted and saw nothing , that is why I asked.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Found this info on the coach drivers web site...haven't checked, or know if they can be used by motorhomes (apart from Cobham)

Toilet drop points

Lymm services
Just past the commercial fuel pumps on the left.

Warwick services
Northbound in the lorry park the the row behind the coach park.
Southbound on the left just before the coach park.

Cobham Services
Behind the fuel station (Free if you have 25 passengers)

Gretna Green Black Smiths shop

Reactions: GJH

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Apparently one at Broken Link Removed as well but no indication as to whether it can be used by motorhomes.
I have contacted them twice about this Graham and received no reply.

The Department for Transport had a circular to All MSA
DfT Circular 01/2008
POLICY ON SERVICE AREAS AND OTHER ROADSIDE FACILITIES ON MOTORWAYS AND ALL-PURPOSE TRUNK ROADS IN ENGLAND
83. Operators may provide overnight parking facilities for caravans and motorhomes.
Facilities for the supply of fresh water, electrical hook-up and the disposal of foul and
grey water may also be provided. However, caravans and motorhomes should not be
permitted to stay on site for more than a maximum of twelve hours.

However when the coalition Government came into power 2 elections ago this was rescinded and advice previously prohibited about the commercial use of parking spaces by traders was revised to permitted. Money is god.

I wrote to all the MSA on this point and only Extra MSA Beaconsfield Ltd and Westmoorland Ltd at Tebay replied with info.

Westmorland Ltd Reply
We offer fresh potable water at our North and South-bound forecourts.
There are no facilities at North or South for formally sluicing grey or black waste as we have our Caravan Park on North that has all the required facilities.

later in respect to Gloucester
Thank you for your email. Whilst we have not included some of request into our new model for Gloucester we will discuss how we might approach this in the near future. We are pleased that you brought this to our attention. --- Later they replied it was a non starter for toilet dump facilities due to cost implications as posted in a thread above.

Extra MSA Beaconsfield Ltd Reply
The provision for drinking water or electrical hook up is not available at our sites, however we do have waste dump disposal available at our Cobham Services which costs £5.00.

Area24 at Folkstone is an independent MSA and chose not to enter into discussions.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Clearly I need to pay more attention to location when offering advice:rolleyes: Bristol end (ish)
Gloucester Services M5 North
AA.png
Motorhome service point and night stop situated at a motorway service station

Whaddon, Gloucestershire, England, United Kingdom, GL4 0DN

51.820244, -2.228629
N51° 49.215' W2° 13.718'
Approximately 129km from your current location

http://www.gloucesterservices.com/

01452 813254

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Ive only once needed to empty a cassette into a public loo, but its certainly not a problem, as I routinely do this at home when returning from a trip.
I use bio liquid so contents liquified and fairly non smelly.
Used to have aproblem when I used to use Thetford blue or equivilant as not liquified, smelly, and could stain the loo if the blue was too concentrated.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
The only thing I could find on the Gloucester Services web site was:
' We have designated caravan and motorhome parking available. Overnight parking is £20 per night.'

The parking charge is new. I noticed when I called in northbound a couple of weeks ago that they had put up '2 hours free parking' notices. They weren't there before & I did stop for a bit of a kip when northbound back in November.

I suspect they may have tried it with no time restrictions for a while after opening, but have now decided that it wasn't a viable option.

I've not seen mention of any dedicated M/H facilities other than the parking area.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Clearly I need to pay more attention to location when offering advice:rolleyes: Bristol end (ish)
Gloucester Services M5 North
AA.png
Motorhome service point and night stop situated at a motorway service station

Whaddon, Gloucestershire, England, United Kingdom, GL4 0DN

51.820244, -2.228629
N51° 49.215' W2° 13.718'
Approximately 129km from your current location

http://www.gloucesterservices.com/

01452 813254
I don't know where the people behind Search for Sites get their information but it appears to be inaccurate in this case. See John's posts #27 and #34 above :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Duly noted. I will post an Edit to that site and hopefully clear up confusion.

Reactions: GJH

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Looking back on the site in question, it does state as the facilities - Water Available and Grey Water Disposal Point Available and no mention of Chemical Loo emptying, so maybe no to black but yes to grey.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back