Black waste dump advice needed please (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We used a smaller Fiamma tote tank with bayonet fitting for RV hose, never a problem dumping (y)

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
I've never yet had a problem at any campsite emptying Udo's black tank.

On sites that don't have a motorhome service bay, I've asked if I could use their nearest manhole and have always been granted that request on the proviso that I leave it as I found it. And quite right, too.

As identified earlier in this thread, I did buy a macerator pump and hose for such occasions where an emptying point is unavailable, but have been rather lucky in never (yet) having the need to use it. Still, one never knows and it's better to be prepared.

The CASSOA Gold site that Udo lives in has a free-to-use manhole available for black tank emptying, which is rather good of them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
The CASSOA Gold site that Udo lives in has a free-to-use manhole available for black tank emptying, which is rather good of them.
as does the site where the bus lives, also has water and electric(free) but you can't camp there

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Hi @Allan & Loren . Strange how Robin Williams in the film looks just like Allan. Sure he was not a stand in during that scene!!?
Lots of people think he looks like Robin Williams. Sadly not a stand in for the movie but have had a couple of mishaps with the black wast dump, although thankfully not as bad as the movie haha

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Well looking at that film points out how getting a composting toilet is the way to go. I have finally got my 5th wheel and fitted the Natures head composting toilet and it's great. No smell and no black tank to empty. No cassette to empty every few days and no waste of good drinking water.
image.jpeg

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Hello @daved2524 just wondered how you've been getting on with the Natures head. Where did you get it from, have you a link please.
Still something we are very interested in for our van.
Thanks
Shawn

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
I am getting on great with it. My girlfriend found it difficult at first with a new boyfriend about but now she likes it. I got it from a site down south I will look for it tomorrow for you.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
You really don't seem to be too sure! I've used a large RV in the States and the tree inch pipe we had to connect there worked fine, but I'm totally happy with my cassette thank you.

Nice to see this old thread back up and running, you can't get enough Black waste threads

Only a 3 inch pipe for you Griff I do not belive that

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
I am getting on great with it. My girlfriend found it difficult at first with a new boyfriend about but now she likes it. I got it from a site down south I will look for it tomorrow for you.

Hello David, sorry for the slow reply. Heading back to the UK in a couple of weeks and wanted to have a look at a composting toilet. Where abouts down south did you purchase yours?

Seems to be a lot of negativity around composting loos but sounds like you are getting on well with yours. We would like to give it a go.

Thanks Shawn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back