Phil89a

Free Member
Apr 22, 2021
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
I suppose this is a silly question with an obvious answer, but I thought I would ask anyway 😀

When you get home and there is still waste in the toilet cassette, is it simply a case of emptying down your toilet in the house?

Maybe there is some reason that I don’t know of not to; hence the question.

Phil

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Got wrong for turning the hall toilet seat blue over time so now use the manhole in the garden. Just had to fit a handle to the cover as it played havoc with my nails. 😀

Upvote 0
Mar 12, 2021
Renfrew Scotland
Funster No
MH
kontiki sport
Exp
20 years tugging .5 years MOH.
The description Manhole is as it says and generally are constructed in concrete chambers with room for a man to get into drainage workers etc.
What you have in your driveway generally will be an inspection chamber constructed in plastic with the preferred top cover selected by the builder to suite the final landscape, and has no reference to whether it is surface water or soil.
So if you dump into a surface water chamber you could be contaminating your local stream.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH
Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We empty ours into a 1000 litre stillage, let it ferment, & when it's full, whizz it up and send it to the North East.....

1631222878382.jpg

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have a soakaway at the rear for rainwater (put in when our place was extended before we bought it) and mains drainage (combined surface and sewer) which runs under the bungalow then out and along the side with another branch going along the front. We have to put the cassette contents down our loo as unfortunately we don't have an inspection cover on our property and I don't think the neighbour who does would be too pleased as it don't half pong! :sick: We do however have a couple of circular drainpipe grids at the front which hubby has put it down in the past and I'm gonna encourage him to do so again as I hate the small inside which lingers for a long time ... even the dogs hide in case they get accused of making such a horrible whiff! :giggle:

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
There are quite a number, evidently, who use a public toilet to empty the cassette and don't need to rinse it out afterwards.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back