LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Just come away for a few days touring around the south east and the dreaded Truma bug strikes so no gas.:mad:
Only 10 months old, 2 full 14kg cylinders, everything turned on and nothing working on gas.:swear2:

I carried a spare regulator in our last moho without needing it for over 6 years but not got around to getting a spare for this van.:doh:

Hopefully no problem to get TWO in the morning .... One under warranty and another for backup.

Probably never need it but I guess it's like any insurance!:RollEyes:

tedontour

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
van conversion autocruise
Exp
since 1976
Just come away for a few days touring around the south east and the dreaded Truma bug strikes so no gas.:mad:
Only 10 months old, 2 full 14kg cylinders, everything turned on and nothing working on gas.:swear2:

I carried a spare regulator in our last moho without needing it for over 6 years but not got around to getting a spare for this van.:doh:

Hopefully no problem to get TWO in the morning .... One under warranty and another for backup.

Probably never need it but I guess it's like any insurance!:RollEyes:
have you got a button that needs to be pressed on the regulator

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Agree, there's a button on my truma regulator , I think it's the emergency shut off but can also shut off when changing cylinders.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Absolute pain in the parts those things.. I have long since lost count of the amount I have had to change,, always change the for 'normal' bulkhead units

tedontour

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
Exp
since 1976
Agree, there's a button on my truma regulator , I think it's the emergency shut off but can also shut off when changing cylinders.
press and hold the button for 3 secs then try

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
have you got a button that needs to be pressed on the regulator

press and hold the button for 3 secs then try
Many thanks everyone .... I have pressed the green buttons and the crash sensor reset but fairly sure it is kaput and will get it changed tomorrow.

tedontour

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
Exp
since 1976
Many thanks everyone .... I have pressed the green buttons and the crash sensor reset but fairly sure it is kaput and will get it changed tomorrow.
hope you get it fixed regards ted

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Had to have ours changed a few weeks ago.
Bloody expensive but the dealer said it was gummed up with oil or summat.
Less than two years old but not covered by warranty.

Richard.

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
Had to have ours changed a few weeks ago.
Bloody expensive but the dealer said it was gummed up with oil or summat.
Less than two years old but not covered by warranty.

Richard.
Hi Richard. Out of interest are you using refillables or exchangeables ? Cylinders that is. Mike

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Richard. Out of interest are you using refillables or exchangeables ? Cylinders that is. Mike
Gaslow refillables.
Always turn the taps off before filling as well. I did look at filters but it seems you need two (one per cylinder) plus you need to change the filter fairly often and concluded that it was cheaper to just pay up for a new regulator once in a while.
We still had gas but the Dometic oven was burning poorly and the fault was diagnosed as a partly blocked regulator. There was certainly oil leaking out of the inlet after it was changed and the oven now burns better.

Richard.

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
UPDATE

Great back-up from my dealer, Becks Motorhomes, who arranged a new regulator to be delivered to me on site in Kent by 0900 the following morning. They suggested taking it to a dealer in the area for fitting and gas check for which they would pay.(y)

Booked in with dealer near Canterbury for what I expected to take half-hour max .... 3 hours later and bill for ÂŁ266:eek:

They first said it wasn't the regulator at fault and there must be an electronic cut off somewhere (there isn't :doh:) and proceeded to pull random fuses ... then he decided there was no gas in the twin bottles (they were both over 50% full) I showed him there was loads of gas ... he eventually fitted the new regulator and then said it still wouldn't work ... next he decided it must be the pigtails that were faulty ("working against each other" he said :rofl:) so he fitted new ones, without rupture protection .... after the three hours we both just wanted to get away so paid up & went on our way.

On our way home yesterday called into Becks who were flabbergasted at the total inefficiency of this other dealer in Kent who I Choose not to name:wink: ... Becks confirmed the "old" regulator was gummed up and refitted the original pigtails with rupture valves which of course work fine.

As with our previous moho I have now bought a spare regulator to carry with us for future.

Becks 10/10 as usual :clap2:
Kent dealer -100/10 :moon2:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Never have or had any bother with the old screw on regulators,,BUSBY,,,

D

DL42846

Deleted User
I have a problem every time I change my gas bottle. I press the red button several times first, then give it a final press and hold it down for about five seconds. I keep telling myself " I must change this bl--dy regulator" but have never got round to it. Which just reminds me again. I must get it done.

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I'm pretty sure I know who you chose and I certainly wouldn't choose them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back