Bit yankified but the sentiment is spot on (1 Viewer)

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
The test:
If you were down on cash, is the bike the first or last thing you would sell?

Lee337

Free Member
Sep 7, 2019
South Lincs
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None, absolutely none, although I did once own a VW T2 Westie which I used overnight a few times
18 years ago, I was close to bankruptcy, it really was a dark time for me & took me almost 10 years to sort myself out. Would probably have been a lot quicker if I'd just declared bankruptcy rather than paying my debts, but there you go.

Anyway, down on my luck, lost my house & my relationship - the only constant was my Honda Blackbird. Held on to that for grim death & I'm convinced riding it was the only thing that saved me from a much darker time.

So, to answer your question, the bike would be the last thing to go. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
QUOTE="Lee337, post: 4086123, member: 63875"]
18 years ago, I was close to bankruptcy, it really was a dark time for me & took me almost 10 years to sort myself out. Would probably have been a lot quicker if I'd just declared bankruptcy rather than paying my debts, but there you go.

Anyway, down on my luck, lost my house & my relationship - the only constant was my Honda Blackbird. Held on to that for grim death & I'm convinced riding it was the only thing that saved me from a much darker time.

So, to answer your question, the bike would be the last thing to go. (y)
[/QUOTE]

I often think about our goldwing we sold, to buy our first house, probably a lot of money at the time, but you forget that and think it was peanuts now . šŸ¤”

Jaws John had a thing about Honda blackbirds, if you needed any parts for yours he probably took some hard earned cash of you. šŸ˜ Bob.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Jaws John had a thing about Honda blackbirds, if you needed any parts for yours he probably took some hard earned cash of you. šŸ˜ Bob.
LOL !! You could say I had a thing about them... The largest Bird parts supplier in the world.. even supplied some parts to Honda !

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
And another opertunity to post my M/C Mantra.
Motor Cycling is perfectly safe
So long as you remember how dangerous it is

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back