Bit the bullet

Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Alpa I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Only lost one and a half pounds the wife a pound this week,,,Thats half a stone for the better half and about eleven for me,, Still having a drink every night,,BUSBY,,
Jeepers @busby first time I read this thought you had lost 11 stone that would be going some, but congrats on the loss so far.

OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
So, heres the update. From my starting point of 12st2lb I am now down to 10st8lb
I have used the Samsung Health app to track calories, heart rate and blood pressure.
My heartrate has dramatically improved and my blood pressure has also dropped.
I can fit in the trousers I had put aside as too small, so well happy!

OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Just hit 9 stone 9 pounds.

Some of my trousers have seemed to have got too big for me!
Gone down from 34 " at the max and have found an old pair or cargo trousers at the back of my wardrobe that are 28" and they fit!

Going to try to lose another 2lb and I will be happy.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Lost two and half pounds this week..thats a stone since 4/12/18,,better half a bit disappointed as she has lost only half a pound but thats just over half a stone in the same period,,,,,BUSBY,
It's a known fact that men lose weight more easily and quickly than women. It's partly to do with metabolic rate and also because men can be more focussed. Not sure I agree with the more focussed though!

Denise

eddievanbitz

Trader - Funster
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I have never seen anyone on an e bike sweating cobs and out of breath like i am after peddling up a steep hill...May have met the wrong e Cyclists,,,BUSBY,,:D2
You should have seen me (us) last weekend then! 22 mile round trip through Devon lanes up hill and down dale

OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Continued with my diet and was slowly adjusting my calories to balance my weight. Was down to 9.0 st and fluctuated between 9 and 9st 2lb. Was away over the weekend helping run a scout field kitchen so my weight rose a bit. But as usual after camp i had to take a couple of days off to recover, my back problem meant I have been in bed 2 days. Weighed myself this morning 8st 13 1/2lb. I quite fancy fish and chips now!

Aug 17, 2016
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
I'm a newbie
Started a diet a month ago, as was way too heavy, 17st 4lbs and 5'8" Following a couple of articles am now carbohydrate free. So no spuds, wheat i.e. bread and past, no rice = no starch. Have lost 12 lbs, which has now encouraged the keeping fit part. Target is to lose another 14 lbs by end of September for a wedding, more weight loss than that and it's a whole new set of dudes, so will take it slow.
Ian

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC IH 630RL
Exp
25 years
Well said Burgo that is so true. A really good ap to use and free is My Fitness Pal. Easy to use and tracks all your calories. Helped me and Hubby to keep on track. Oh move as much as you can, bike or walking. Good luck with your weight loss journey it will be worth it!

Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
Laika EcoVip 2
Exp
Since 2012
Continued with my diet and was slowly adjusting my calories to balance my weight. Was down to 9.0 st and fluctuated between 9 and 9st 2lb. Was away over the weekend helping run a scout field kitchen so my weight rose a bit. But as usual after camp i had to take a couple of days off to recover, my back problem meant I have been in bed 2 days. Weighed myself this morning 8st 13 1/2lb. I quite fancy fish and chips now!
super impressed with that amount of weight loss and in a very reasonable time period, well done !

what was the key ?

Oct 29, 2016
Camberley, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer T148H
Exp
Ex Tuggers, I year into Mohoing, FLT wannabies
I,ll bump up this thread, by saying that having seen Robert Clark enjoying his Greek Feta Salads in Greece, a conversation started between us, and we both started the Keto diet about 3 weeks ago.
I was not so much interested in my overall weight, but more addressing my pot belly as my Levi jeans were too tight to secure around itšŸ˜²
I am not a big guy at 5 ft 8 and a half, so shape seems more important, I did feel "slimmer" after a couple of weeks, so I weighed my self:D The digital scales took some waking up, but after attaining the "Salter Weighing Scales" degree in frustration, I got it to work(y)
The recorded weight was 13 stone 6 lb, 4 oz, hell knows what it was when I started,.....I weighed myself week later on week 3 and the weight was 13 st, 3 lb, 2 oz, so just over 3 lbs in a week. I have to wait until tomorrow at 11 AM to have another weigh in, hopefully another good result to come.
Giving up all "The White Stuff" as I call it has been tough enough, but you will have to forgive me for drinking a couple of Stella's each night, especially in this weather! "Liquid Bread"
75 KGs would be my goal weight, as that the allowance for the driver in our moho MIRA figures:unsure:
TinaL is also on the diet, but I cannot comment on figures as only MI5 know those:D

PS: TinaL has two allotments and is bringing home buckets of tomatoes , Courgettes aubergines, and green beans, loads more salad stuff also, but its impossible to eat it all as it always crops at the same time, so the neighbours are well fed also.
Good luck to all that are still on the diet, we all need support, dont we?
Best wishes.
Les & TinaL

Oct 29, 2016
Camberley, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer T148H
Exp
Ex Tuggers, I year into Mohoing, FLT wannabies
Not Sure if this is the "current" Funster Fat Fight Thread, as I think there are a few going on, but I will for now stick to this one as I contributed to it last week, and I cannot contain my excitement:)(y)
Just did my weekly weigh in and I am pleased to say that My weight was 13 stone, 1 Lb 2 Oz, so a loss of 3 LB, 2 oz since last week.
It looks like after 1 month of being on a high fat low carb diet (Keto ish) I am losing about 3 LB a week, so all is good and will keep going.
Observations & Admission to deviations
I am still having my two/three Stellas every night, especially in this hot weather, and whilst stood over kitchen stove.
Looking into Keto Diet more thoroughly, it recommends a daily carb intake much lower than I imagined, which was a shock to me as I only eat salad & veg (no spuds at all, and no other white stuff like bread, pasta or rice)
Its root veg like carrots, sweet potatoes, swede and alike that have a lot more carbs than I ever imagined.
I dont take sugar in drinks anymore but I do use Canderel in my tea & Coffee.
I only eat one meal a day, thats evening usually, and I eat enough until I feel satisfied.
If I get the the late night munches after the beers, I eat Brasil nuts/Mixed nuts or some cheese or if there is any roast chicken/Ham/Italian cooked meats in fridge maybe grab some of that.
BBC The Truth About Meat (BBC One program this week)

Did anyone else see that interesting meat program this week?, it was headed up by Chris Bavin who is a green grocer by trade, and he was asking about meats processed and Red meats and trying to uncover whether they are good or bad for you and dispel any myths etc.along with Scientists & 40 volunteers.
It certainly taught me a thing or two about why and how processed meats are bad and we are 18% more likely to get bowel cancer by eating too much of the stuff.
As usual it would be very difficult to reduce or stick to the daily recomended amounts, but I guess sorting out fact from fiction along with us all being more aware is a good thing.
Hope you get a chance to view it, it really was an eye opener to us.
Heres the link to The BBC I Player, but be quick before it disappears

Cheers everyone, your comments, observations would be most welcome as usual.
Thanks again Robert Clark for starting this thread, its helping so many of us now in the great Funster Fat Fight.

Les
PS: Is it just me?, but its hard to work out or see the gender of many of the posters as they dont leave their names, jezport is a good example, as although I have met them both, I dont know whether its Mr or Mrs thats on the diet, I think its MR but I might be being thick, well done though very light target achieved(y):) And the HD awning tie down straps are great(y)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1972
I have been on a low carb diet for two years now and have lost 2.5stone. My weight has now stabilised. Only exercise is daily dog walking. RA in the knees has much improved a good 10 degrees increase in flexion and generally feeling much better.
I have also avoided things that are inflammatory so no veg oil, only extra virgin olive oil. No marg, only butter though as I don't eat bread I haven't anything to spread it on. I find the diet is dead easy to stick too, but then I have never liked anything sweet

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services