Free Member
Jul 6, 2014
Varies in Europe
Funster No
MH
Ready to buy under 6m.
Exp
A MH virgin - but not for long!! ;-)
Nerve-racking! But I've done it now! I put my money down on a small, perfectly-formed individual A-class from Hymer, at a whisker under 6m it is their baby. Now it will be mine too. I know I'm talking about a machine! But I'm sure everyone here has been where I am now. So you also know I'm not my self right now!!!

Yes, despite everything I kept to my insistence of keeping under 6m for manouvreability, exploring and parking in strange places at dusk. The wallet also helped to keep my baby under 6m! Fixed berth over rear garage with 148hp at the front and it's LHD too.

I've requested an upgrade on the maximum weight, I understand it's a paperwork exercise but it gives about 2-300kgs extra to play with. I've asked for an extra battery and a couple of solar panels to improve my wild-camping capability. Oh, and a rear camera duo and refillable bottles.

But I was shocked to see the standard "solution" kit in the event of a "standard" puncture. But what happens when the tyre wall gets ripped out from under you? That's when you need a spare. So I got a spare wheel too.

No microwave, no grill, no oven - but I haven't used these this century yet... So, I won't start missing them now. I eat 'alfresco' 99% of the time so it'll be a well-used BBQ in the garage for me. Anybody know of a good barbie 'stuff sack'?

And the sink? Cutlery is about all its good for! So it will be paper plates for me and another 'stuff sack'. I will keep my double-skin steel mug which I've had since I was 18!! But I've invested in a second for the girl friend... And 2 more for the odd occasion when friends arrive!

I'm delighted with my machine and it suits my lifestyle - and that's the name of the game, right?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I hardly use my cooker either .... you have a kettle of some kind? Don't worry there is always someone ready with a cuppa for you. Welcome.

upload_2015-3-8_11-5-40.jpeg

LOL LOL LOL Oooops Sorry, only noticed the God bit AFTER I had posted :doh::doh::doh: Never mind, our member, @Wyaye wires , says he is God and I am sure he will welcome you when he spots you too.... :) :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Good luck with that :) I'm looking at lightweight A class as well. but will go for the 620m or 640m length as garage to narrow in that 414 model. Are you sure you need to upgrade chassis as these have a 500 kg payload. over 3500 just means restrictions and higher toll charges in Europe. where did you buy it from in the end..Im guessing you bought the edgehill one, hope you did not pay too much, as you can buy new in Europe for well under £50K with current exchange rate

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi @muddywellies sounds as if you have it sorted, as you say it is so exciting heck we still get excited and we have had our last van for 10 years. Have an amazing time enjoying your new van :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
muddywellies

muddywellies

Free Member
Jul 6, 2014
Varies in Europe
Funster No
MH
Ready to buy under 6m.
Exp
A MH virgin - but not for long!! ;-)
Thank you everyone, I hope to be on the road by the end of the month. I shall go for a run up to Scotland along the east coast, just to familiarise myself

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back