Birmingham Christmas Market site? (1 Viewer)

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Can anyone recommend a site fairly close by with direct public transport links to the market - train/metro preferred?

Ideally the site would have EHU and be just next to a bus stop/train station with no changes required.

Out in the Solihull/Daventry direction would be best but not a deal breaker.

Thanks (y) :)

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Caravan & Motorhome club at Chapel Lane is a few miles out, just off J3 M42, bus stop a walk away. Birmingham and Solihull are not particularly van friendly.

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Caravan & Motorhome club at Chapel Lane is a few miles out, just off J3 M42, bus stop a walk away. Birmingham and Solihull are not particularly van friendly.

Just phoned the site to check and the bus routes from the site only go as far as Solihull where we'd need to change. There is another bus stop 15 mins walk away that goes direct.

Neither of these are really what we were after ... any other thoughts?

Anyone?

Thanks (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Mo's place, bus stop to Stafford 100yds down the road which goes direct to the train station.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Mo's place, bus stop to Stafford 100yds down the road which goes direct to the train station.

DITTO,,,
AH... BUT No electricity.. :(
Bus right outside into Stafford and then let the train take the strain. (y)

Chapel lane would mean going to the far side of Brum as well..

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Warwick racecourse caravan club site, bus or walk into Warwick to the station, then Chiltern Line into Birmingham Snow Hill, a few minutes walk to one end of the Christmas Market. If you want a coffee, go into the art gallery to the Edwardian tea rooms.
They really don't like Motorhomes around here, there are several cls and the Somers Wood site near the NEC, but all require driving. No changes from Warwick to Birmingham, plenty of trains as it is the line to London.

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Sorry to be a pain - but I am looking for a single connection without more than 5 mins walking. The site needs to be next to a station or stop that goes straight into Birmingham. I am visiting relies in Solihull / Northampton as well so don't mind being "out Warwickshire way". Thanks again :)

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Only thing I'd add is the train from Warwick stops at Widney Manor, Solihull and Olton if your relatives are near any of those in Solihull.

johnnyknife

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
The Middle
Funster No
MH
Low pofile
Exp
new
Why not Chapel lane site and a cab to the city centre. About £15 each way.

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Why not Chapel lane site and a cab to the city centre. About £15 each way.

Like your thinking but I don't have a good history with cabs - either it's the worst time and there will be a 3 hour wait, or "I'm not going there as I would be empty coming back" ...

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Stratford
Sorry to be a pain - but I am looking for a single connection without more than 5 mins walking. The site needs to be next to a station or stop that goes straight into Birmingham. I am visiting relies in Solihull / Northampton as well so don't mind being "out Warwickshire way". Thanks again :)
Park up at Stratford Upon Avon Leisure Centre. Great parking but no services. The mainline station is a short walk away. Take regular trains straight into New Street Station via Solihull Station , exit via Stephenson Place and you are literally yards from the Christmas Market in and along New Street
Sadly Birmingham has no MH facilities anywhere in or around the city.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back