Bip & Go (SANEF auto toll) France (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I know there's a few names for the SANEF toll schemes and I'm sure it has a different name if purchased from the UK.

I purchased mine about a year ago and have tried it on my CC a few times, but mainly without success:cry: this is because it's +3m (hence it's now on the car)

I've been discussing this with them and they agreed to let me onto their commercial scheme as we are classed in Cat3, then they came back and said I can only purchase the new device as a business, no problem and I gave them my company details, now they have said that although we are Cat3 we wouldn't be recognised by the detectors as we are too light, hence I laughed and said can we be Cat2 then..... the lady did laugh at least. I confirmed that in all cases the detectors pick us up as Cat3 and that I'd be willing to make a test for them, she thought it was a reasonable idea and promised to get back to me this week, lets see.

At least we have an official reason now as to why we can't have a device for +3m CC's, maybe if we overload them like the French then we'd be OK and the detector would pick us up correctly.....

Would be nice to have an auto toll system for Cat3 Campers though:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
OK so I have the answer.

SANEF reluctantly can offer a commercial (truck) badge for a CC above 3m although the yearly cost is over €500 as a minimum plus a monthly fee, also they can't guarantee it will work due to the weight issue.....

Back to square one and the queues then:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back