bio diesel (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
..."where is the harm in that" - the harm, as was pointed out is the destruction of rainforest to plant a crop to produce a diesel oil substitue. Did you not read that bit?

The destruction of rainforest is THE harm.

You might not be worried about the samething happening in the Amazon for the production of Beef.....

As you cant see it and dont care, why would you be bothered? No future gene pool for you to think about.

The misnomer about "common sense" - its not very common.

"All it takes for bad things to happen is for good men to do nothing" not quite his original quote....

No offence to anyone, but is anyone worried about this country being built all over to house people from other countries, what about all the land that is being taken out of growing for all sorts of things, never mind a monkey in another country.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
:stopsign::: When we use bio diesel the engine runs cleaner and when its been for MOT the Co2 reading is always lower.
We have Co2 printout to show the difference between bio diesel and pump diesel

I concur on that as various vehicles owned have all passed an mot with lower omissions than previous years
Cost.25 - 30p per litre to produce wvo (Rape seed) so recycling, and doing my bit for the planet :RollEyes:

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
jesus i only asked about bio diesel not what is happening around the world geta grip people :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
There is mountains of information on the net regarding making and the production of bio. It must be studied and it takes time to digest. No one person is going to say a vehicle will be OK to run on bio or not as it can only be treated as an experimental fuel. The only vehicle manufacturer that I know of that has actually come out and said there vehicle is suitable for use with bio fuels is VW with there MK 3 Golf. Thats why we run 2 of them. Re the purchase of bio at much lower prices than pump prices, if it was me I would be VERY careful. The only sure way is make it yourself.

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
No offence to anyone, but is anyone worried about this country being built all over to house people from other countries, what about all the land that is being taken out of growing for all sorts of things, never mind a monkey in another country.

Different subject - why not start another post - we can discuss it there - this one was about bio diesel not our policies on border control.

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
WHY SHOULD I WORRY ABOUT THE PLANET? LET THESE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BILLIONS AND BILLIONS IN THE BANK WORRY ABOUT IT. THEY HAVE MONEY THEY WILL NEVER EVER SPEND YET THEY LET CHILDREN DIE FOR THE NEED OF CLEAN WATER TO DRINK OR A NET TO PROTECT THEM FROM MOSQUITOS. PEOPLE ARE STARVING ALL OVER THIS WORLD SO WHY SHOULD I WORRY ABOUT THIS PLANET LET THE RICH GITS WHO DID ALL THE DAMAGE WITH THERE GREED. AS THIS OLD GEORDIE IS SKINT SO DO I CARE ABOUT THE PLANET THAT HAS BEEN RAPED BY EVIL MEN IN THE PURSUIT OF WEALTH NO!NO!NO!!!!! POWER TO THE PEOPLE AND UP WITH MOTORHOME FUN.

CAn you shout a bit louder - i cant tell what your saying

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
jesus i only asked about bio diesel not what is happening around the world geta grip people :Smile:

and we've only talked about it? your issue is?

Thinking further than the end of your nose is an issue?

I have a life, I have a grip on that too. I would like to use less poluting fuels, but bio diesel in the way its produced is devasting some parts of the world. Its really important you know.

I buy the cheapest fuel I can, yes I goto Asda/Tesco etc., like most.

I dont have much of an option. I use diesel and petrol. Not much I can realistically do about that until they make cheaper electric versions....although moving all the stuff to make the batteries and is very destructive too.

I am not a tree hugging, hedgehog cuddling "greenie" - but as an outdoor person I am aware that everything i do can influence the effects on this small blue lump we live on.

If you could do a bit to help make it last longer, why not try?

Sadly we've been sold a pup, bio diesel isnt as eco friendly as they'd have you believe, a bit like electric cars.

But if all your interested in is whats in your wallet, what makes you different from the bankers that have just screwed up the worlds economy?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
One man's "common sense" is another man's idiocy...

JJ :Cool:

and Orangutans are not monkeys...

and I have got two Cup Final tickets...

and life is as good as you choose to make it...

And manners maketh man...

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Different subject - why not start another post - we can discuss it there - this one was about bio diesel not our policies on border control.

It wasn't me that went on to different subject, I just replayed when someone else went onto other countries are doing, when we should be looking closer to home:Sad

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
and we've only talked about it? your issue is?

Thinking further than the end of your nose is an issue?

I have a life, I have a grip on that too. I would like to use less poluting fuels, but bio diesel in the way its produced is devasting some parts of the world. Its really important you know.

I buy the cheapest fuel I can, yes I goto Asda/Tesco etc., like most.

I dont have much of an option. I use diesel and petrol. Not much I can realistically do about that until they make cheaper electric versions....although moving all the stuff to make the batteries and is very destructive too.

I am not a tree hugging, hedgehog cuddling "greenie" - but as an outdoor person I am aware that everything i do can influence the effects on this small blue lump we live on.

If you could do a bit to help make it last longer, why not try?

Sadly we've been sold a pup, bio diesel isnt as eco friendly as they'd have you believe, a bit like electric cars.

But if all your interested in is whats in your wallet, what makes you different from the bankers that have just screwed up the worlds economy?

my issue is i asked some sensible people about if bio diesel was any good most have given sound advice as for the green issues and lets save the planet b**ls**t i really couldn't give a monkeys arse about it the planet believe it or not will compensate for anything we throw at it and if it dont so be it if you really think that people in the uk stopping sending crap into the air is gonna make a diff you are misguided the only thing tryin to be environmentally friendly has done is allowed the governments present and passed to tax it :roflmto:

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
There is mountains of information on the net regarding making and the production of bio. It must be studied and it takes time to digest. No one person is going to say a vehicle will be OK to run on bio or not as it can only be treated as an experimental fuel. The only vehicle manufacturer that I know of that has actually come out and said there vehicle is suitable for use with bio fuels is VW with there MK 3 Golf. Thats why we run 2 of them. Re the purchase of bio at much lower prices than pump prices, if it was me I would be VERY careful. The only sure way is make it yourself.

this has made my mind up i will stick to normally totally polluting diesel that will upset the tree huggers
and seeing i have no idea how to make it this sound advice best i do stick to the norm :Smile:

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
One more thing, if anyone can show me a way of getting a 6 ton train weight motorhome 1200 miles on less than £50 I would consider saving a few monkeys :winky:.
how do you do that ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back