Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
Well beeen looking at other cost effective ways and Robbing old "Brownie" of to much £££ and have been looking at fuel cost so hunting a few quotes down seen locally at 85p a liter ,went into Morrisons today they have just installed Bio Diesel Pumps :thumb: Normal diesel £105.9 a litre :Doh: Bio Diesel £105.9 litre :Eeek:

on bright note house been sold buyers want to complete by end Sept so RV hunting here we go:secret::beer:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
on bright note house been sold buyers want to complete by end Sept so RV hunting here we go:secret::beer:

THERE WAS A POST ON HERE EARLIER TODAY BY SOMEONE SELLING A 35FT WINNIE, JUST REDUCED PRICE BY 25% TO 45K ( I think ) for quick sale ????

OP
OP
Andy 01424

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
THERE WAS A POST ON HERE EARLIER TODAY BY SOMEONE SELLING A 35FT WINNIE, JUST REDUCED PRICE BY 25% TO 45K ( I think ) for quick sale ????
Bit over our price range thanks anyway ,but do have 4 already in mind,search every ad,from the net ,forums to ebay,so fingers crossed one could be ,the one were looking for,besides have got to pass "The Missus Test ":ROFLMAO: first ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Well beeen looking at other cost effective ways and Robbing old "Brownie" of to much £££ and have been looking at fuel cost so hunting a few quotes down seen locally at 85p a liter ,went into Morrisons today they have just installed Bio Diesel Pumps :thumb: Normal diesel £105.9 a litre :Doh: Bio Diesel £105.9 litre :Eeek:
It's been the same at our local Morrisons ever since they installed the Bio Diesel pumps. Whilst they are being greedy they can keep it.

Graham

Decmac

Free Member
May 17, 2008
Funster No
Hi, If I was able to get Bio Diesel a bit cheaper than your ordinary diesel, could I just put it into the van like the ordinary diesel and drive away or do you need to have modifications made to the engine first. Regards and thanks for replies - decmac

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi, If I was able to get Bio Diesel a bit cheaper than your ordinary diesel, could I just put it into the van like the ordinary diesel and drive away or do you need to have modifications made to the engine first. Regards and thanks for replies - decmac

Hi

Morrisons bio diesel is a 30% blend .. some info here

Morrisons is to launch a 30% blend and that Vauxhall has certified its use for all Euro4 Vivaro and Movano vans.

The certification also includes partner vans from Renault and Nissan. Meanwhile, Ford is undergoing trials to approve 30% biodiesel usage for all its diesel engines, and Peugeot and Citroen have already given their blessing for so-called B30 use in all their HDi diesel engines.

In a rare synergy between fuel supplier, forecourt, manufacturer and fleet customer, Vauxhall’s certification was prompted by a request from BSkyB. The green-leaning media giant ordered 1700 Vivaros via Lombard Vehicle Management over three years, and wanted to run them on the 30% blend.

Vauxhall, along with Renault, then set out to find a suitable blend, finally settling on B30 from Harvest Energy after requesting a number of chemical changes. Morrisons already sells Harvest’s E85 bioethanol and agreed to trial the B30, which Harvest claims will reduce overall CO2 output by 18%.

The cost of the fuel is expected to match that of regular diesel. Unlike E85 bioethanol, the diesel blend doesn’t significantly affect fuel economy, and in some cases can improve it.

The Morrisons launch will be initially low-key to aid the BSkyB trial, which will last six months as the company tests out the fuel on a select number of Vivaros. During that time drivers will take notes and Vauxhall will monitor the fuel’s impact on the engine, including removing the fuel filters every 5000 miles.

OP
OP
Andy 01424

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
type bio diesel in search i will try an dfind the site that gives companies who sell it ,i am lucky nearest is 7 mile away;
as for running it most dont have to be remapped,but it is best if you going to run Bio to change fuel filters and any rubber hoses as bio will clean the wax residue out of the lines and this is where it builds up,they do say you can do a mix of norm and bio,and run at least one tank of bio with no probs,suggest you ask your local dealer if any forseen probs,but i will be looking at running Bio,mainly because of the cost

here you go click on map where you live :
Link Removed

Last edited:

anjer

Free Member
Mar 10, 2008
Funster No
But what about older vans and bio?. I have a 1995 Fiat 2.5 turbo direct injection in my Hymer

OP
OP
Andy 01424

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
But what about older vans and bio?. I have a 1995 Fiat 2.5 turbo direct injection in my Hymer

Contact fiat and ask them easiest solution :thumb: a few of the newer engines may need a tweak to stop it pinking ,but a lot of the older engines [non electric inj] ie ancient land rover will run and basic any oil for fuel, a guy i know waits for Lidl or Aldi to have an Oil sale and grabs lots of it :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back