Sep 18, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Jayco Greyhawk
Exp
20 years
Hi Folks

We are travelling on the Portsmouth Ferry on the 22 nd to Bilbao. We have not done the trip from Bilbao to Benidorm before and were wondering if any one is doing the same trip that we could travel with?

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If you don't find a travel partner I'm sure you'll still be fine. A good sat nav along with great Spanish motorways will have you down into Beni in no time. Safe Journey & happy hols. (y)

Reactions: f6c

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Good days drive or take your time and stop off here and there.
IMG_3109.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We've just come over on the Portsmouth Santander ferry and arrived in Santander on NYE. We didn't want to blast down to Javea so our first stop was a great little aire at Casalarreina about 150 miles south of Santander. Next stop was just south of Zaragoza on a relatively new aire in Carinena which was ok, but the locals seemed to use the surrounding area to walk their dogs and weren't very good at cleaning up after them. We were then going to stop at the Dinosaur park at Teruel but decided to carry on to Javea. @tonka has done a very informative route down to Benidorm
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/tonkas-western-route-to-spain.99/

OP
OP
J

Jayco

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Jayco Greyhawk
Exp
20 years
Hi guys thanks for answering. Kip do you have a sat nav that you would suggest? Thanks for the routes I'm assuming the 7 HR route is suitable for RVs as that is what we have same as you we also tow our car. Thanks Kim for your ideas we need to get there quickly as my Dad is flying out to join us but we might try your route on the way back to the ferry.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
No problem for a RV. Happy travels. (y)

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi guys thanks for answering. Kip do you have a sat nav that you would suggest? Thanks for the routes I'm assuming the 7 HR route is suitable for RVs as that is what we have same as you we also tow our car. Thanks Kim for your ideas we need to get there quickly as my Dad is flying out to join us but we might try your route on the way back to the ferry.
Hi JayCo, we use a falcon navigator 7" screen.I've put in the dimensions for our camper & so far so good. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
J

Jayco

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Jayco Greyhawk
Exp
20 years
Hi Kip

Have found a falcon navigator 5 for £250 or 7 for £300 on eBay does that sound about the right price to you? If anyone else knows a better price or place please let us know?

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We bought ours second hand on e bay last year for just over £100,so those prices seem a little steep.Keep looking around,best of luck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back