Bilbao. Problems with immigrants/asylum seekers (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2016
Wigan
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Over40 years
Hi. I have read on motorhome forums that tgere are now problems with immigrants/asylum seekers jumping the security fencing and trying to get into motorhomes waiting for the ferry. Has anyone had any experience off this please?

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
There have been a couple of threads lately regarding asylum seekers in Bilbao and we stayed there last year and whilst they were around during the day and night I slept very well.

There were a few Funsters there and they had no problems either.

There are lots of police around and they mostly targeted the lorries.

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/bilbao-port.165168/

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I think you have to look at illegals this way,,,They are of no physical threat to you because the only way they can board a ferry hiding in a vehicle is if the driver of said vehicle is able to drive vehicle on board,,A quick check of your vehicle before boarding should only take you a couple of minutes before you board,,,not many places to hide on a motorhome really,,undereath if its a large one,,in the garage if its big enough and under cycle cover,,,should think thats about it..So to me its nothing to really worry about..I think with the extra security in Calais immigrants will be found trying at any ferry port that trucks use because trucks give them the easiest way to avoid security,,BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
We stayed at the Port on 26 March 2018 waiting for the 1030am sailing and enjoyed a very quiet night.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back