Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Sounds nasty that hope your ok like others have put if your injuries come to light later take him to a compo claim, I have been done twice like that but in a car. so not so bad only bumper damage.

Going the other way my wife was sat in her car outside the local shops when a lad on a motorbike ran in the back of her car, his reason was he thought she would have gone before he got there lol, no damage to either vehicle or person so that ended there

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Sounds nasty that hope your ok like others have put if your injuries come to light later take him to a compo claim, I have been done twice like that but in a car. so not so bad only bumper damage.

Going the other way my wife was sat in her car outside the local shops when a lad on a motorbike ran in the back of her car, his reason was he thought she would have gone before he got there lol, no damage to either vehicle or person so that ended there

Kinda sounds like ho my Vauxhall Senator got wrote off when a car slammed into me @ 60mph, I performed an emergency stop at a roundabout when the 2 of the 3 cars in front of me hit each other however the guy behind had his eyes on the roundabout & from his point of view it was clear so he never slowed.

He did not see the what was unfolding in front of me hence he ran right into the rear of me.......

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
SMIDSY,s probably too busy posing in his Porker!!
Glad it was not serious and a straightforward claim.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

steviebouy

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Pucklechurch, Bristol BS16 9SE, UK
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since July 2011!
I undertook my motorcycle training in 2000. I remember being warned, specifically, about Volvo drivers, blonde drivers and those with their baseball caps on backwards. I was hit from behind by a blonde (can I say that, Jim?) in a Golf GTI whilst I was under instruction. My wife warns me about my generalisations but what is it with these people! I also have a downer on, and I'll keep this short, Audi drivers (the new BMW drivers) Micra drivers and increasingly those supermarket delivery vans.
However I do find that if driving a Volvo turns you into an idiot owning a motorhome as well returns you to normal - before you lot tear me to shreds!! Same goes for blondes, Micra owners and those that drive delivery vans, etc.
Steve

Reactions: DBK

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Glad you are ok Rob.. You show better restraint than I mate..

What makes me laugh is that bikers are still getting the blame for having accidents !
Yes, there is an unacceptable level of incidents where the rider out rides himself and no other vehicle is involved, but the level of SMIDNSY incidents is going up rather than down.
As long as drivers are taught how to pass the test rather than taught how to drive I cannot see the figures getting better

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If you want your bike wrote off tell insurance co. You will not accept it back without a new wheel and tyre. in case tyre casing is damaged , Also you want bike laser aligned in case swing arm or frame is bent.It usually makes it too much hassle for them and it is written off

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If it does get written off don't accept the first offer they make - they'll try to only pay you the base 'book value' as they always try it on so do your homework and find out how much a good replacement for your original bike would be and prepare for a fight. Personally if my bike had been hit like that there's no way on earth I'd want it back as there's no telling how much damage has really been done to the frame, running gear etc. Whilst I don't suggest you claim for an 'injury' if you haven't got any bear in mind that it might be the only way you'll get a proper value for your bike, also remember that even thought this wasn't your fault you still have to declare it on insurance applications each time so it could affect your premiums and possibly NCD for the future despite what you may think. Then there's things such as lost pay, clothing etc - I assume you've already replaced your crash helmet ... this should be done whenever there is any sort of bash to them.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Cheers got photos of bruises & keeping an eye on any aches (y)
As well as photos of the bruses put a ruler up against them and re-photo them that way you can show the scale of them ... could prove important.

Whilst you say you are okay, it might be worth visiting you doctor just to be checked over and also get on record that you did so. (y)

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks guy's for all the confidence votes, no injuries from the accident just waiting to see if they write it off.

the hire bike is a gem.
Just waiting to see what happens.....

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Similar accident hit by asda van on last incident carriageway hospital reports with solicitors photos of gravel rash etc last claim car sideswiped me on roundabout did a runner but got his number life's been a bit of a bitch this year hopefully next year will be better bought a sym 125 the

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Glad you’re ok, sounds like you were lucky but unlucky! similar thing happened to a friend of mine a couple of years ago. But he wasn’t so lucky, waiting at a tee junction car came up behind pushed him forward and a lorry wiped him out. Him and his wife were on holiday in Cornwall first week of his retirement. :(

davidcrossland

Free Member
Dec 22, 2015
Croydon
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
none
I'm offended! (Not really, only kidding!)

I'm a Volvo driver (XC90)! And 4 years ago, just before we were heading off to Switzerland towing our caravan we got hit from behind in crawling traffic.

After we'd both pulled over to exchange details he said he wanted to sort it privately and being suspicious I told my partner to take his photo. He was not amused when she did.

Because of a possible medical claim I insisted we bring in both our insurance companies.

His insurance company wanted to settle very quickly. I allowed them to sort out the repairs but not our medical claim for my partner's whiplash.

I stalled them on that as, like others, didn't know how the injury might develop. The insurance company kept making offers but I wouldn't give in, I kept stalling them. Eventually I did give in when the offer was nearly 3 times their starting offer.

Now, 4 years later, it probably wasn't enough for the number of times my partner has been to see the chiropractor since - and the suffering and time wasted.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Good luck with the Ins Co.
Me & hubby have ridden bikes for years, I've come off a few times, usually off-road ridding, he has too but only one big road off. Those big yellow lines that are across the road leading up to a roundabout grabbed his front tyre on the road bike, if he had been on the trail bike he would have been ok as it was he got a smashed up shoulder!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
@RS_rob
Unsure if this has been mentioned but even if the insurers have started the claim process it is not too late to get proper people on it.
Insurance company lawyers are notoriously useless when it comes to bike related stuff
In my capacity in.. well, no matter.. If you would like details of who we use and all the bigger motorcycle related organisations use, I can put you straight in touch ..
They understand the bike related situation far better than almost all other firms.. and will not allow any silly claims for make believe injuries etc etc
In other words they are as straight as a straight thing !

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks mate, the bike has been written off as I knew it would be & I have been paid out for it.
Minster Law Solicitors have sent me to a practitioner last week for a check up but to be honest im not making stuff up as I cant afford to take time out of work to make some money so I was honest.
Im not bothered if I get anything but if I do get anything then its a bonus & will go to the real bike (y)

Going to book my Lessons & Test tomorrow (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back