Big Upgrade of Forum Software this evening. Disruption Expected (1 Viewer)

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I think it is coming on great Jim the square avatars with round corners are very classy, I bet other forums soon start copying it.
Love the grey bleed round the boxes but I think the white is still a bit bright.
What are the little green heads on some of the avatars? And why does yours have a OP banner across the corner.
The links on the signature panel below posts seem to have expanded to the full URL Lenny HB is a good example.
So well done to all I think you are getting there Jim.
On iPad2 using Chrome browser.
Steve

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Try clearing your browser cache. Settings/Safari/Clear History and Website Data. see if that helps

Jim i’ve done as you suggested and cleared the cache but I still can’t see any icons - just small boxes where they should be.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I think it is coming on great Jim the square avatars with round corners are very classy, I bet other forums soon start copying it.
Love the grey bleed round the boxes but I think the white is still a bit bright.
What are the little green heads on some of the avatars? And why does yours have a OP banner across the corner.
The links on the signature panel below posts seem to have expanded to the full URL Lenny HB is a good example.
So well done to all I think you are getting there Jim.
On iPad2 using Chrome browser.
Steve

Yes I've had the avatars rounded for a little while now and they are not annoying me. The post area will always be white the last forum was the same.

The green bit shows us you are online

See this thread for the OP banner

(y)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Loving the new style!

Just a little niggle for me - when I get to the bottom of the list of new posts, I hit the button to see more and it sends me back to the top of the list rather than continuing to read from where I had got to. (iPhone - haven’t tested on the tablet)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Great stuff Jim two things from me though,

1 you used to be able to hover over the "alerts"icon without clicking,

2 can you integrate the "fun bus" into the header bar more like RVOC,

Martin

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim i’ve done as you suggested and cleared the cache but I still can’t see any icons - just small boxes where they should be.

Those share icons and the editor toolbox icons are actually a font called Font Awesome, They are pretty much universal. I have no idea why you can't see them, I can see them on an iPad and iPhone. I'll do some searching. (y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Jaws You can use the "what's new" button to do a search and take you back to the "what's new" as it' always there it's easier than scrolling to the top to the Funbus.

Martin

Reactions: Jim

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I used to go to the top of the page and click the forum title again this is not possible now without going all the way back to forums. Would it be possible to have this option back again?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Clicking the forum logo has always taken you to the latest posts (y)

So clicking it or Whats'New just under it, will reload the latest posts

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Thanks Jim.

The boxes are all over the place on my iPad. Even at the top of the page, next to where my name is, the private message and search, etc are boxes - it’s the same with ‘attach file, post reply, preview’.

My iPad is about seven months old and everything worked fine prior to the forum upgrade. As I said on an earlier post, I can see everything fine on my desktop pc.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
OK I've now found out the Lightning strike only appears on my phone not on the PC. Why couldn't someone tell when I said I couldn't find it?

I do most of my postings on a Win 10 PC when at home, only use the phone in front of the goggle box in the evening.

Still don't like it on a PC, too bland, hate the black banners & buttons.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I do find it a lot better on the phone but getting an annoying glitch when posting particularly when using quotes. Typing and the screen suddenly moves and you have to scroll down or up to get back to the post.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I like these square with rounded corners Avatars. Something gets lost with the round ones!
I don’t like the plain white background! Too plain-nothing to break it up.
The main page makes me think in on MHfacts! It’s all a bit business like, not as friendly looking as it was!
Wash your mouth out with caustic soda for even mentioning that site on here! :rolleyes:

Jim's got enough going on without having that 'stick' poked into him! :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OK I've now found out the Lightning strike only appears on my phone not on the PC. Why couldn't someone tell when I said I couldn't find it?

I do most of my postings on a Win 10 PC when at home, only use the phone in front of the goggle box in the evening.

Still don't like it on a PC, too bland, hate the black banners & buttons.
I haven't got the lightening strike on my laptop either ... what is this wondrous thing I'm missing?

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Round avatars for me :love:

I’m missing the rally calendar though, is it coming back?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
My phon has gone buz buz all night I have enugh oproblems with the wife's vibrato at od hrs of the nigh with out my phone as well how do I Turn of the dam thing
grumpy old git who has had no Fiking sleep
Click on your user name at the top right
Click on preferences
Scroll down to Push Notifications
Click on Disable push notification.

I've just turned mine off too!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
My phon has gone buz buz all night I have enugh oproblems with the wife's vibrato at od hrs of the nigh with out my phone as well how do I Turn of the dam thing
grumpy old git who has had no Fiking sleep
It's these push notifications thingy , it was getting on my nerves but if you get in the settings thing you can turn it off but then it keeps wanting you to turn it on again for some reason.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
It's these push notifications thingy , it was getting on my nerves but if you get in the settings thing you can turn it off but then it keeps wanting you to turn it on again for some reason.
I have a a Verry long day with 15 kids today it was a long nigh with my phone going off all night I am orderly officer today if you see cadet officer murders 15 children and six helpers
You will know who it was before my trial
Bill

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Well done Jimbo, I can't imagine how much work and effort this has taken!!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Can we have a 'discussion' about the 'like' symbols ... some I am okay with, others ...

icons.png

• Thumbs up = Like ... I like this one.
  • Cup = Thanks ... to me it's more 'winner' so don't really like it
  • Face with heart eyes = Love it ... I like this one.
  • Lopsided face = Funny ... don't like this one, I can't say why except aesthetically it just looks wrong, if it wasn't lopsided it would be better
  • Big eyes & open mouth = Wow ... I like this
  • Little boy with i = Informative ... reminds me of my Mum holding a rolling pin!
We did have a 'sad' face at one point which was useful to convey our feelings without having to post, can we have this one back again?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Can we have a 'discussion' about the 'like' symbols ... some I am okay with, others ...

View attachment 308822

• Lopsided face = Funny ... don't like this one, I can't say why except aesthetically it just looks wrong, if it wasn't lopsided it would be better
  • Little boy with i = Informative ... reminds me of my Mum holding a rolling pin!
We did have a 'sad' face at one point which was useful to convey our feelings without having to post, can we have this one back again?
For a sad face just type a : followed by a ( :(

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision

View attachment 308822

I agree - the sad face was very useful as a rating.

& I agree with funflair the MHF logo looks a bit lost on the laptop

Do I have to select 'change width' every time I log onto the lappy? It'd be good if it could remember the settings from the last time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back