LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Got back from a 2 week USA/Panama trip this afternoon and pick up the new bus tomorrow. It is the Pilote G690L as seen and ordered at the Peterborough show, but not the one with half leather upholstery as Dawn keeps reminding me. Gets good reviews in MMM and others and yes, my fat arse does fit on the bog...... I road tested it :winky:

Buying from Hayes Leisure who have a decent reputation. Quite sad to see the Auto-Sleeper Broadway go as it has been a super and reliable van but we needed a little more space as provided by an A Class. Got a load of bits to put on/in (not as extensive as John - Jaws, though....) but it comes with awning, bike rack and twin lens rear camera and 2 leisure batteries so we have most of the essentials anyway. Solar panels and sat dome to go on, plus BBQ point and strike back alarm

Spend the bank holiday seeing if it all works and then off to Wisbech next friday for a weekend with brother and family (they are in tents... we aren't that close to them::bigsmile:)

Actually excited about this, but would have loved a 3 litre engine instead of the 150 2.3

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Smile:Hoe you enjoy it David.

look forward to seeing it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Many years ago I bought a new Pilote from Hayes, had problems with leaks from a roof light, they were excellent, collecting the vehicle from my home near Nottingham and returning it on, from memory, three occasions before the problem was resolved.

I would have no qualms in buying from them again.

Mike

OP
OP
DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Good luck with it and have fun.
We did miss you, here at Waldergraves :Smile:

Got food poisoning in Panama, Dawn, so may well have been better off at Waldegraves (as long as I didn't touch any home brewed wine:ROFLMAO: ) Did buy some corelle dinner set for the van in Walmart Houston, though - a whole $26.97 for something that is £48 here.... bargain!!:Smile:

OP
OP
DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Up to Hayes Leisure this morning, now the proud owners of a nice new bus to play with. :thumb:

The only criticism is the engine feels a bit flat after the 3 litre (it is the 2.3 150) but it is also still fairly tight so will loosen up. Trip computer shows 26 mpg driving at 60ish on the way home

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Hope you both enjoy your new van::bigsmile:

OP
OP
DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It "just" fits on the driveway. Looks like I had a slightly optimistic tape measure.........:Blush:

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
You already look completely at home in it.

Cant wait for a good old nose around when we next see you xxxx

Hope it lives up to your expectations

Whatever you do now get out in it and HAVE FUN

OP
OP
DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
You already look completely at home in it.

Cant wait for a good old nose around when we next see you xxxx

Hope it lives up to your expectations

Whatever you do now get out in it and HAVE FUN

Away next week in it with my brother and wife plus a few others, some place in Wisbech. This weekend is Dawn putting stuff in and me taking it out again citing the "payload" mantra as an excuse to keep the rubbish down to a minimum this time....:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back