sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
What I don’t see in the Sygic settings is the road speeds for different types of road? This is what the original copilot complaint was about unless I am missing something.

Max speed is all Incan see?
Yes that is the case, but they do have a use main roads option. I am not saying that Sygic brings a replacement solution like the old CoPilot, but for me I have always had both but used CoPilot because of the road settings and ease of use for POIs . Although I preferred the Sygic GUI. Now with the removal of road settings and with Sygi having both links to Google maps, CC and Archie's the advantage swings to Sygic. I think it is s matter of personal preference rather than a black and white choice. So try it and the revised CoPilot and see.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Hmmm, may have jumped ship a little early - have now paid for the Sygic truck version but seem to have hit a real snag.

I have the app on iPhone and on iPad

The feature that particularly appealed to me was the Truck route sender - I have chrome and added the necessary extension BUT it seems to me that this feature is only available on Android as the settings required do not appear in the iOS version

I have then tried transferring routes in different ways eg from Google Maps - no such, and sending from the Sygic Maps which sends an email bit that will only open in the car version and not the truck version

BUM

Anyone have any ideas how to plan on laptop and send to iPad????

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I dont have iCrap but what you have to do in Chrome is go to google maps, search for a place you want to go to then select the directions button and only then select the route sender icon from top right? You need to create a contact which will be your registered email with sygic, create a name any will do. Make sure you have selected accept push in the sygic connections setting menu.
upload_2019-2-17_11-51-19.png

Do you have Camper Contact on your iCrap, have you tried selecting a site on there, then select route, does Sygic come as an option and can you select that and it works fires sygic and plans the route?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Yes, done all the above - it even says 'successfully sent to Sygic Truck' but no email and no route in the app - disappointing - this is because the feature 'allow route push' is not available in the iOS app

Will try camper contact now - that should work

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Are you sure that route push is not available under settings, connection? The route sender add on makes no reference to it not working on iOS

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Are you sure that route push is not available under settings, connection? The route sender add on makes no reference to it not working on iOS

Positive - if you read the blurb it refers to Google Play for the app, doesn't mention iOS or android specifically - definitely not there

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
@ceejayt does the "Nice One" mean you have it working?
Clicked the wrong button - no, it definitely does not work - I have submitted a support request to Sygic to see if there is any way around this.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Positive - if you read the blurb it refers to Google Play for the app, doesn't mention iOS or android specifically - definitely not there
My guess would be that it will come so might be worth making a support ticket. For what its worth route sender does not work on Android browsers only my Windows laptop. Which is a bummer but not the end of the world as all my stuff is on the lap top and I take it everywhere, I am looking at work rounds at the moment. By the way Archies sends to Sygic like CC and the advantage is that they are communicating internally on the device and not through a server like Google maps so you dont need an internet connection for it to work. I think overall that the feature when mature is a brilliant one, I hope that they get iOS sorted for you!

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I will update when I get an answer

It may not come quickly due to the iOS environment whereby for example it was not easy to load your own POI. However, they already have a solution that works brilliantly which is a simple email which you open on the device. Problem is that it only recognises the car version and not the truck version. They just need to open that up

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Double BUM

Under the Poi heading it clearly states you can import Poi in the app - however, when you click 'Learn More' there are no instructions and no way of importing on iOS

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Double BUM

Under the Poi heading it clearly states you can import Poi in the app - however, when you click 'Learn More' there are no instructions and no way of importing on iOS

You can add POI's to iOS .. I use ITunes ..

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 15.41.05.png

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Just checked - you can drop files in a Sygic folder in a similar manner. Don't know whether it works though. It's also a bit long winded having to connect the lead etc. Not sure I can be bothered when they should be able to simply allow you to open a POI file on the device

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Invited to update my co-pilot on Friday, I got stuck as I have it on both iOS and Android and I can log into my account but not through Android. Over to Calais yesterday then using the old app a14-m11-m25-m20 into CdE so on and working but not needed. Head towards Bois de Boulogne and notice 40 mins out - on the outskirts of Paris - that clock has stopped and Copilot. So reboot and old app has disappeared. Managed to find wake and the wife found an old iPad TomTom app. Not a happy bunny.
Sygic overheated an iPhone X last year on the way to VanBitz - not much more difficult than the Calais route - had to switch phone off.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Sygic overheated an iPhone X last year on the way to VanBitz - not much more difficult than the Calais route - had to switch phone off.

Would have tore a bug for it to overheat - would require it to be continually polling the processor - scary - sure it wasn't the sunshine?

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Just checked - you can drop files in a Sygic folder in a similar manner. Don't know whether it works though. It's also a bit long winded having to connect the lead etc. Not sure I can be bothered when they should be able to simply allow you to open a POI file on the device

As long as they are the right format it should work. You could email them to yourself and then open them with Sygic. Will have to try it.

File requirements for import:
• The .upi/.rupi file must contain Places for just one country. It is not possible to have Places from multiple countries in one .upi or .rupi file, otherwise the import into our app would fail.
• The name of the icon (.bmp file) and of the Places file (.upi) must be exactly the same e.g. “UK-Pharmacy.upi” and “UK-Pharmacy.bmp”
• The icon (.bmp file) should be in a square format e.g. 100x100 px. If the icon is too big or too small, it will be adjusted automatically.
• The icon must be in either 8bit (256 color) or 32bit .bmp format, all other color formats (e.g. 4bit, 16bit, 24bit) will be rejected during the import process and the app will show an error message.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Broken Link Removed

Have fun

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Would have tore a bug for it to overheat - would require it to be continually polling the processor - scary - sure it wasn't the sunshine?
Not sure but new phone and as you can imagine shut it down PDQ. I am on a Renault base and use the dash top 12v plug which allows me a short goose neck adapter to hold the phone, charge a couple of other things but does not interfere with the blinds - with Fiat I tended to need a mini iPad which was a lot more kerfuffle. For other reasons at that time I had to swap to Android and took the option of least resistance which was Copilot. Think I will try some different email addresses and try and resolve this evening. :) Murphy's that it did not fail on the trip down to Calais but at the critical helter skelter of Paris.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Above is the route sender it is a Google Chrome APP .. Works with Opera as well.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I think as we downloaded in the last weeks, indeed I had reloaded mine yesterday, I think we have the right versions, I will look at the tablet later. AND I know I have both road choices.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
open

c2f23bbd0d2298517cdd07d38bffdef7793b2882764f9b453f926ee32eb0fc56

Start planning and dispatching truck routes from Google Maps!

ef56e68d4ca57cfbca0ca7b79c08ab80839ef0e79f5081b8d3cc0518cfb2f1f6

Great news!

We are proud to announce that we have launched a cost-free solution to plan and easily transfer routes calculated in Google Maps to Sygic Truck Navigation for Android. Sygic Truck Route Sender - the easily installable extension in Chrome and Firefox browser – is the most efficient way to plan your road using:

4e51341f141d3b7e79410776e6cbb63b1ddc031d839ab8f92e0a23cc484f3703

Powerful Google Maps Search

Find the destination and plan up to 10 stops with Google Maps search.

b14c20fb3b273e0b7e52e4fe19ac4885cb07aefe481dc5b586e08eb63659c460

Accurate Truck Routes and Optimization

Automatically avoids all roads unsuitable for your truck or cargo.

3994f6e333c0e5792c8c36d8d0a9fe9107e7520bd0ba8695b5c2c297e0dab1e8

Contact list
of drivers

Keep a contact list of drivers and dispatch them with ease.

It's very easy! Simply plan your road with Google Maps, open the extension and send it to Sygic Truck Navigation with one click. If the app is running, the route will get immediately calculated on your phone using Sygic Truck Navigation routing - based on your Truck or Van settings (dimensions, weight, transported materials). If it is not open, you will receive a notification about new route. See our detailed step by step guide
Before you start using this great feature, please make sure to upgrade to new app version 13.9.1.

Not a Premium user yet?

Get Sygic Truck Navigaiton NOW!

https://sygic-public.infinario.com/...xgOc_1edD1Q.mc0KVmQbERqb4f4ceMVet9SzWsA/click

Need more info? Visit Sygic Truck Help Center.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Yes, I do the plan in Google maps on my lap top and send it to my wife's and my Android tablet. Go to the route sender app and bone up on it.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Just given CoPilot Truck the Remove Application treatment. I have used it on my Blaupunkt 945 for a couple of years but it was getting slower and slower to start up. It decided to do an update yesterday as I had the Blaupunkt hooked up to the house WiFi. After a couple of hours I thought it should have finished but it still looked like it was working so I left it. Eventually it finished and I restarted the App but nothing happened just a blank screen. Tried the usual Stop Application and Restart but still nothing.

So back to IGO Primo. Downloaded a copy and found an up to date 2018 Q4 set of maps and licence and with a bit of playing about we are up and running with the Truck Version that lets you input the size of vehicle. It also starts much quicker than CoPilot and is far easier to add User POI's. Have also put it on Samsung Tab 3.

So back to the dark ages of downloading maps and manually putting them in the correct folders and relying on the radio traffic updates and speed camera POI files. Maybe old hat but it certainly works. At least if you leave home with a working system it's not going to suddenly update itself and crash.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back