Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm getting fed up with the discussion style of a few members. Petty point scoring, bickering and childish tit-for-tats have no place here. It's only a handful of members, but it brings the whole forum down. Most of these pathetic little handbag arguments happen on topics that have nothing to do with motorhomes and are about politics and religion etc.

So, from today, in any off topic discussion I see, even if it is serious and heated, where a poster does not keep a sense of friendly humour, civility and respect throughout the discussions. Then they will have the ability to post into the off topic sections removed. Thanks.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Only noticed it on very few occasions and it is a shame you have had to post this warning.
Have to say, good move on your part, keep the forum a "Fun" place.
Unless you were talking about me! :)

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Funnily enough I was in a chat with some other funsters about this very subject just the other day. Was hoping it was just a "spike" and things would return to normal soon.

Keep calm and carry on etc. :)

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Is this aimed at me? :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I think there might be a few wondering who this is aimed at

I was thinking the other day about what some find funny others find rude and how we could overcome it

We could maybe do with a universal smilie that we use at the end of a post when the content is intended to be light hearted or tongue in cheek, then all readers would know the emphasis of the comment

Maybe, if a post receives say three 'reports' it should then get an amber warning triangle against the post, if Jim feels it is really bad it should get a red triangle, this way we know the content that is offending

I have in the last week not 'bothered' to reply to a good few threads for fear of potential battle, a difference of opinion is inevitable surely on an open forum

edit - I hope this isn't seen as bickering

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Some members consistently post topics that they know will provoke others into reaction or argument. They can then sit back and watch the sparks fly.
How true (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The facility to ignore specific people is brilliant. It even hides entire threads started by the "ignored" person. I have only one on my list but it has been great for my blood pressure! And I don't miss much as I come on here to discuss travel and motorhoming and my "ignored" doesn't post often about those.

I don't miss what I can't see as Donald Rumsfeld might have said. :)

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
The facility to ignore specific people is brilliant. It even hides entire threads started by the "ignored" person. I have only one on my list but it has been great for my blood pressure! And I don't miss much as I come on here to discuss travel and motorhoming and my "ignored" doesn't post often about those.

Donald who?

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

I have never 'ignored' anyone on any forum/blog but I have to admit what you say seems to have merit DBk especially as I am often stretched to respect Rule 1 given some of the heavily baited and deliberately loony posts.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

just one ... ?

you must have a high 'tosser tolerance' level ...:ROFLMAO:

only joking..

it's fine to block someone but it can make a thread unintelligible.. then again.. many are without blocking anyone :LOL:

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
I've not read the posts concerned - I'm a simple soul so I don't get embroiled in talk of politics or religion - partly cos I dont know what I'm talking about :) but partly cos I'm a "shades of grey" person and always have been - nothing in the world is black or white and everyone in it has a valid opinion, whether you agree with it or not (y)

But I do agree the clue is in the title of the forum - FUN :whistle:

I think the place for heated or extreme political or religious opinions are other forums that may be designed for that very thing.

See now, when my fella is driving, he constantly moans about traffic lights and other drivers mistakes :swear2: and I listen politely (yet again) until I get fed up enough to tell him to join some sort of political activist group where he can try to make a change about the things he moans about instead of moaning to me all the live long day!!!!!!!!!!! :getmecoat::banghead:

I can't imagine why that makes him shut up and stop talking to me for a while? :inlove::h:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks Jim - even though I haven't been a member long it has been a bit , well, not FUN at times recently.

As previously said I think some people just like to stir things up. Hopefully this will cool things a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back