Beware you could easily be a victim...... (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Spanish La Liga has been fined for spying using their fans mobile phones. There app could turn on a fans phone, listen to all speach and id exactly where you are. If the fans were watching a game in a bar that was not paying for the licence to show the game then La Liga, using this voice and location info from the phone app would sue the bar or the individual for non payment. Makes us all aware just how vulnerable we are when carrying our phones.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Wow! That's it, next time I'm planning a bank job I'll turn my phone off.:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Wow! That's it, next time I'm planning a bank job I'll turn my phone off.:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:
It wasn't that long ago that you had to employ a private detective to sit in a bar in dark glasses listening in on conversation between husband and bit on the side. Now all you need is a mobile phone app to take him to the cleaners.... ;) :smiley:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c

DrMekon

Free Member
Nov 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Year ago, I realised that with some cheap middleware, you could create an .apk that would let you scan texts for key words (sex, hotel, etc) and then identify the contact, and from then on, record all phone calls from that contact and upload them to a dropbox account in background. Additionally, you can be alerted to any calendar entries that include that contact. All you then need to do is persuade the person to install the apk, or get access to their phone and install it yourself. Obviously, tracking location, switching on the mic, etc is a cinch.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Year ago, I realised that with some cheap middleware, you could create an .apk that would let you scan texts for key words (sex, hotel, etc) and then identify the contact, and from then on, record all phone calls from that contact and upload them to a dropbox account in background. Additionally, you can be alerted to any calendar entries that include that contact. All you then need to do is persuade the person to install the apk, or get access to their phone and install it yourself. Obviously, tracking location, switching on the mic, etc is a cinch.
Little wonder my Dropbox account is always full... :)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Spanish La Liga has been fined for spying using their fans mobile phones. There app could turn on a fans phone, listen to all speach and id exactly where you are. If the fans were watching a game in a bar that was not paying for the licence to show the game then La Liga, using this voice and location info from the phone app would sue the bar or the individual for non payment. Makes us all aware just how vulnerable we are when carrying our phones.
And La Liga has now been fined for doing it.. and been warned someone may be facing prison too

Hope they bang them up for a couple of years

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
And La Liga has now been fined for doing it.. and been warned someone may be facing prison too
Hope they bang them up for a couple of years
Must admit it is a bit naughty, apps like this could cause havoc if not restricted with big sentences.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
These smart phones are a bad idea.

In times past I could say I was working late, but now my wife can track me to the local pub :swear2:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Five minutes after coming out of M&S and google asks me what I thought of the place. Best turn it off next time I visit my lady friend. :oops:

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Our local pub used to have a price list

‘Certain, ma’am, he’s right here.’ - free
‘He left five minutes ago.’ - £5
‘He left half an hour ago.’ - £20