BEWARE: Ukash card - changes to charges wef 10 April 2016 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What is to stop them passing the debt to an agency later? is it worth the hassle. If you don't close it you are accepting the new T&c's from April and more charges

I'm not saying you shouldn't close the account, you should, but ONLY after you've emptied it!
:rolleyes:

You do what you want Andy, but they can ONLY take the closing fee from the Ukash card and she said if they're isn't enough on it they'll just take what there and also that if there's nothing on it they don't take anything at all I asked her several times, in different ways and she was quite sure this was what happened ... they just don't do anything about it.

Do you really think they're going to pursue people for €12? There's no time limit on when it has to be paid in the T&Cs so even if they did that's all they'd be able to get anyway IMV, no late fees etc so they're not gonna employ bailiffs for €12.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Right the below has just been sent to me from Ukash so it is OFFICIAL ... there are NO card closure charges whatsoever if it is done before 10th April 2016 - I've highlighted the relevant bit in red below:

Dear Customer,

Further to the earlier communication with regards to the change of name and fees on the Ukash Prepaid MasterCard® and the Ukash Prepaid Travel Card, please note that those changes only come into effect on 10thApril 2016.

We are looking to improve the overall product offering and enhance service levels but we do understand that some customers may wish to close their card due to the change in fees.

With that in mind, we would like to confirm that we will be waiving the closure fee on the cards as long as the card is closed prior to 10th April, 2016.

If you have any questions or queries please don’t hesitate to email us at ukash@prepaidfinancialservices.com

Best regards,

Neltac Limited
So ... you can either transfer them yourself to another card such as Revolut as detailed previously, or ask for the funds to be refunded to your original card/bank account (check there aren't any currency conversion fees if you do this though), then just close the account.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I suspect the above email is being sent out to all who have a card with them, so check your email accounts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Right, I have now managed to get the money OFF my Ukash account and into my Revolut account ..... YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! :dance2:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Done mine just now thanks (y)
P>S> I have received the email too.

Revolut is King until further notice

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Got my email too.. Cancellation will happen tomorrow.

Silly billies.. why would I pay for it.. the only reason I got it was nationwide started charging me..

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Just finalised my closure on the phone and they made no mention of the fee so clearly their staff are all aware now (y)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I'm considering transferring my Caxton balance to Revolut too as the money is more easily managed with their app.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I'm considering transferring my Caxton balance to Revolut too as the money is more easily managed with their app.

Yes, that thought crossed my mind at about 4am.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
So easy to change it back to Sterling and just now I'll make about 8p profit per Euro :LOL:

Of course the words basket and eggs spring to mind :LOL:

Yes, that's why I'm still thinking about it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back