LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Doing a search for some information I clicked on a bad link by mistake and, even though I tried to stop it, ended up installing malware. The main problem was a Browser Redirect search engine called Luckysearch.com.

Malwarebytes didn't get rid of it completely (only some parts) and neither did Superantispyware or going through Startup programs/links. Happily, Lunarman had posted a link to Adwcleaner Broken Link Removed a couple of weeks ago and that knocked it on the head.

Took several hours waiting for the various scans to execute though.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Lucky you had it already installed as well. A lot of those browser redirect things stop you downloading anything that might get rid of them.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Lucky you had it already installed as well. A lot of those browser redirect things stop you downloading anything that might get rid of them.
Yes, indeed.

In the past I've had to download software on a different machine and copy it to a memory stick to install it on the infected machine. OK if one has more than one machine in the house but not otherwise. It certainly pays to have a number of such programs pre-installed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back