May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
what can I say, sh-t, bol-ocks fffffffk
just did the update on my ipad and everthing has gone all my apps some cost a lot music, photos the lot. Back it up before update did the update didn't work did it again gone all gone did a reinstall from back up but no apps nothing. I am well pissed off.:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Isn't it stored in your i tunes library?

I upgraded my i phone to OS7 and thought I'd lost everything, logged onto i tunes and downloaded everything in the library.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
All your music and apps are stored within iTunes Store, you don't loose anything, you need to synchronize your iPad with the store and all will be restored:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
That actually happened to a friend of mine last week - update fails to complete and trashes everything on it! He lost the lot!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
All your music and apps are stored within iTunes Store, you don't loose anything, you need to synchronize your iPad with the store and all will be restored:thumb:

As above - I just had the hard disk renewed on the iMac (coincidental with the above) - everything I purchased was there so no issue with downloading it again. By the way, the Mac was nearly 4 years old and out of warranty but as it was a known fault, they fixed it within a day following an appointment and for no charge so now officially a very sad fanboy.....

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Yes in the past just sync. with lib. and all back to normal but not this time, I have got most back by using a backup from 2011. but following the update the pad just would not sync. just sit there trying, I even left it all night incase it was just big and a slow connection but no goooooone:Sad:
I really, really, really do not like itunes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Yes in the past just sync. with lib. and all back to normal but not this time, I have got most back by using a backup from 2011. but following the update the pad just would not sync. just sit there trying, I even left it all night incase it was just big and a slow connection but no goooooone:Sad:
I really, really, really do not like itunes

That is exactly what happened to his - just sits twiddling it's thumbs for days. According to an engineer he had around, it was something to do with the update not completing - so in effect it cannot do anything. Not sure what he done to sort his out yet, i'll ask him when I see him tomorrow.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Here's a solution for iPhone, iPad is probably the same, it's worth a try:thumb:

If your update went wrong then you may well find that your iPhone is stuck on a blank boot screen or on the Apple logo and it won’t start up properly. You’re going to want to connect to iTunes and try DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode.
Potential solution:
Hold down the Sleep/Wake button to turn your iPhone off.
Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone.
Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for ten seconds, and then release the Sleep/Wake button.
Continue to hold down the Home button until you see a pop-up on iTunes stating that “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.”
Your iPhone screen should be blank, if you see a logo or message on it then you are not in DFU mode.
Select your iPhone in the left hand column of iTunes and select Summary then Restore.
You may need to install the iOS 7 update again.

Good luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back