Beware BT Open Reach Scam (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
A local restaurateur told me he got a scam call from an Indian gentleman, trying to sell him something. So he strung him along and, as his unmarried daughter was with him, he started to wind her up by asking the foreign gentleman if he was married. To the negative reply, my friend then started to tell him about his beautiful daughter, and how she was looking for an intelligent man like him. The chap from India then quickly closed down the call, saying he wasn't allowed to discuss personal matters. But the funny thing was, he called my friend at the end of his shift asking if he could speak to the daughter. I never heard what the outcome was, other than the poor girl didn't think her dad was very funny. But it certainly lightened the dreary monotony of scam calls.
That has to be a world class classic...:roflmto::clap:

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I had the "Accident in which you were innocent" Automated call last week. I answered yes so got a human he went through his speil and I said "Thats right the one where I crashed in to a minibus and killed 8 folk, I was innocent of that" he hung up...
I get those on my mobile now & then because I use my number as our contact when required. On a couple of occasions I have said 'yes'......they sound o hopeful ::bigsmile: I string them along for a while, then tell them that I died and was buried a month ago...….:pinocchio:

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
I get these on my landline. As it is a number i do not recognize I do not answer, it goes on to answer phone , I get an automated message perporting to be from BT and my internet. I am not with BT for internet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back