beware beware (1 Viewer)

dogmanlpool

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
liverpool
Funster No
MH
mercedes 609d
hello every one just to let everyone you all know that the scamers are back on ebay just tried to buy a motorhome on ebay only as i was cheap item number [290583149182] and the man has contacted me and he will deliver the van if i deposit money in an ebay account hahahaha ?? i said no and for him to give me his address and i will pick it up ? and guess what ad has been ended and he has emailed me sayn that this is the only way he can sell it ? would love to meet him face to face but couldnt be botthered flying to africa haha:ROFLMAO:

this is the email address that i have been dealing with
"keith cunningham" <keithcunningham631@live.co.uk>
also this is his replyDue to my location and since view is not an option I have requested personal support and I was approved to use Buyer Protection Program. Here is how the process works:

- you give me your full name and shipping address
- I start the transaction with the eBay,
- they send further payment instructions,
- you have to pay for the item to eBay to secure the funds,
- they confirm me that they received the funds,
- I deliver the motorhome,
- you receive the motorhome,
- they send me the money.

Everything is covered by eBay. I will get paid only after you confirm that you received the motorhome in good order.
Let me know if this is acceptable. Thank you

hahahaha

Attachments

• 140CAYEXQFM.jpg
    140CAYEXQFM.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 55

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have a large stack of used £9.00 notes you could send him ..

I can let you have them cheap.. say, £20 each ?

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Will he take a cheque from My "BANK of ATHENS" account...

I have a European Bank Cheque Guarantee Card (good for billions)....:thumb::thumb:

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
hello every one just to let everyone you all know that the scamers are back on ebay hahahaha[ ..... snip ..... /QUOTE]

The scammers are back on ebay ?

The scammers are always on eBay !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Must be the same bloke who tried to sell me a corvetteabout 4 years ago didnt want me to collect but would deliver after payment of course :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
hello every one just to let everyone you all know that the scamers are back on ebay just tried to buy a motorhome on ebay only as i was cheap item number [290583149182] and the man has contacted me and he will deliver the van if i deposit money in an ebay account hahahaha ?? i said no and for him to give me his address and i will pick it up ? and guess what ad has been ended and he has emailed me sayn that this is the only way he can sell it ? would love to meet him face to face but couldnt be botthered flying to africa haha:ROFLMAO:

this is the email address that i have been dealing with
"keith cunningham" <keithcunningham631@live.co.uk>
also this is his replyDue to my location and since view is not an option I have requested personal support and I was approved to use Buyer Protection Program. Here is how the process works:

- you give me your full name and shipping address
- I start the transaction with the eBay,
- they send further payment instructions,
- you have to pay for the item to eBay to secure the funds,
- they confirm me that they received the funds,
- I deliver the motorhome,
- you receive the motorhome,
- they send me the money.

Everything is covered by eBay. I will get paid only after you confirm that you received the motorhome in good order.
Let me know if this is acceptable. Thank you

hahahaha

Will he take cash out my monopoly fund:Smile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Why not give the poor guy the benefit of the doubt ? :whatthe:

He sounds a very nice man... :thumb:

If you are so unsure of his credentials and the legality of the sale, why not send the money to me and I will act as a go between, that way your money will be 100% safe.. :winky: :ROFLMAO:

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
Why not give the poor guy the benefit of the doubt ? :whatthe:

He sounds a very nice man... :thumb:

If you are so unsure of his credentials and the legality of the sale, why not send the money to me and I will act as a go between, that way your money will be 100% safe.. :winky: :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: I have first bagsy's on the cash hooligan's need it than Nigerian's :ROFLMAO::thumb:

Pusser

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Bucks
Funster No
MH
A week away
Exp
On and off 1981
This man is a glowing example of how our democratic government functions. He obviously got the idea by watching political programs on the telly. It makes me proud to be a voter.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Blimey Kath you should be a private detective with your tracing skills :winky:::bigsmile:

Hahaha nothing like a female on the search John :winky:

Found the ebay listing as it was before removed too basically the same as gumtree

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Douzeper

Funster
Nov 23, 2010
Antrim, Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
hello every one just to let everyone you all know that the scamers are back on ebay just tried to buy a motorhome on ebay only as i was cheap item number [290583149182] <snip>

Yeah found three of them myself! thought I had found the holy grail yesterday, 1998 Peugeot for £4400, 10 miles from me.

Ended up with the exact same reply as yourself, reported it to ebay it's now removed.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09

parkay3560

Free Member
Jul 18, 2010
Almost Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
He probably needs the cash because the Bank of Naaahbhed has frozen the account of his Brother because of him keep sending emails to people in the UK to allow him to deposit funds into their accounts hahaha.

if it looks like a scam, smells like a scam...then it is a scam.

a couple of years ago some chap was selling Nikon D3's on ebay for £1000. HUNDREDS of people paid for them and never got them. a mate of mine never got his money back because it was a massive scam originating in yep....Nigeria! the con scum capital of the world.

bottom like cavet emptor. Nuff said

MercManW123

Free Member
Jun 3, 2011
Essex England
Funster No
MH
Looking for a Merc Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
This has got me a little concerned - as I'm shortly buying my first Motorhome, and the type I'm looking for I've only seen on ebaY.

My common sense checks (not mechanical, condition, etc.) would be the following:

- As ebaY listings normally give the sellers mobile, I'd initially make contact and then ask if I could have their land line number name and address.

- Arrange a visit at that address - and ensure that they actually live there - e.g. "it's been a long drive mate, can I just use your loo?"

- Ask them lots of questions about the van - particularly if they've only owned it for a short time, why are they selling it?

- Have they got a valid Registration Doc (V5) at the same address as you are viewing it at?

- Make a note of their name/address and check this afterwards via the online electoral register.

- Check previous MOT certificates for consistency in mileage to ensure it hasn't been clocked.

- Take the registration and pay for an HPI check before handing over any deposit - ensuring there is no outstanding debt or it hasn't previously been written off.

- Now I'm a newbie, so I assume you'd look for a winterisation cert in date?

Anything that I've missed regarding checking for its provenance?

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Keith Cuinningham...sounds like Keith's Cunning Plan to me!

You do have to be careful...but when looking for motorhomes, follow these rough guidelines as regards to pricing.

When people sell on Ebay, it is because the dealer offered them trade price -and they want forecourt price. So usually they are just over, or just under forecourt value (don't forget the lack of support/warranty when considering these)

Always HPI check - takes a deep pocket to pay for a motorhome outright. If finance is outstanding, then write two cheques, one to the finance or get them to call the finance company so you can clear that amount on your card and the remainder to the owner - don't trust the owner to pay them. If they don't like/understand this, don't buy it.

If it looks cheap, then ask yourself why.......there are genuine reasons why a motorhome may look cheap. It could be old and damp, damage repaired or on a positive note, a share scheme. None of these are bad per se, but you need to be aware and know what you are getting. Any other reasons, then look into the scam arena for answers.

DOWNLOAD Jim's guide - this will tell you what to look for when buying a motorhome! Save you some heartache I can tell you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back