Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Today whilst me and Pat were walking along the Mediterrano some B managed to Steal Pats purse from her zipped handbag, quantity of cash and money card stolen.
Now we are not lacks or non vigilant and we know all the warnings, we have been coming here for 16 years and never had any problems. We were walking along linked together and Pats handbag was in between us, we felt nothing but somebody managed to unzip Pats bag and steal her purse.
Not looking for any sympathy but just a warning to others that will be coming to Benidorm.

John.

Ps managed to phone card company and get the card cancelled.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Barstewards.....:mad:

As you say, been going a while and "aware"... But these buggers still do it..
Cant say much else..... Could happen anywhere in the world, hope it dont spoil your stay to much..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Never understood why women insist on having a handbag.

So easy to get into and dip away.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Not very nice John,
I carry a wallet all the time but when away I have a holiday wallet with just a few quid/euro in it so if it ever when the missing it wouldn't spoil the trip. (y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Since somebody tried to snatch Mrs C's. handbag when we lived in Spain, we never carry all our cards and cash in one bag. Safer left under lock and key in the MH - Growler armed and flashing

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
Wife lost her bag last year she was not happy everything in it even share keys for the van (don't ask ) We cancelled the cards and reported to the police but they were not really interested. We had to change the locks when we got home as her keys and driving licence were taken and she was worried until we got home 8 weeks later

Neil

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Sorry to here about your misfortune and a timely reminder of the need to be forever vigilant. I'm quite sure both Ginny and me could easily be distracted so we try to spread the valuables between us both and the MH.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I carry a wallet all the time but when away I have a holiday wallet with just a few quid/euro in it so if it ever when the missing it wouldn't spoil the trip. (y)

Is that a posh word for a girlie type "Bum Bag"....

Having met you...

I can quite understand.... :giggler:

:* :inlove: :h:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Sorry to hear about this. I carry all my cards and money passports etc in a travel pouch next to my skin. Its the only way to be safe, unless you are physically mugged.
Link Removed

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Personally I would not let my valuables out of my sight. My trick is to look like I am worth €1........:cheers:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I was reading on the Trip Advisor forum of Beni that this practise if very common lately, along with "Pea Men", and groups of ladies of dubious morale mugging people near the market, makes me wonder if I will have my month I've booked in February, or go somewhere else.

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014

Personally I would not let my valuables out of my sight. My trick is to look like I am worth €1........:cheers:

Food for thought.... We take everything with us, the thought being... if the MH gets broken into (no control)... What to do ??

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
So sorry this has happened.

When I was at a show the woman next to me had bells sewn onto her purse and it made a lot of noise when she lifted it out of her bag. I thought that was a good idea.

Even a couple of bells sewn onto the purse zip (or bag zip) would sound an alert.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
So sorry this has happened.

When I was at a show the woman next to me had bells sewn onto her purse and it made a lot of noise when she lifted it out of her bag. I thought that was a good idea.

Even a couple of bells sewn onto the purse zip (or bag zip) would sound an alert.
It would just make the robbers run off with it faster :)

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
As you say,Bit of a dilemma , but what we tend to do is leave things like jewelry ,passports & some cash in the camper & carry a small amount of money on us for the days outing . Less likely to have the van broken into.

Zippy4522

Free Member
Sep 24, 2012
eastwood
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Thanks for the warning. We are in Beni for the winter. Hope you are both okay

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I was reading on the Trip Advisor forum of Beni that this practise if very common lately, along with "Pea Men", and groups of ladies of dubious morale mugging people near the market, makes me wonder if I will have my month I've booked in February, or go somewhere else.

DONT BE PUT OFF.. This could happen (and does) anywhere in the world.. A shame it's happened but only by sharing will it make more people to be aware...
I have a place in Benidorm and see these stories about pea men, muggers etc all the time...
Most of my family have been, we go for a month a time with our grandkids and never had any issues.
Some issues are created by people over drinking, being left by their mates, enjoying the sun and not taking care etc.. There are some "baddies" around but take care, be aware and cautious then no problems..
It's just as easy to make any UK city look just as bad...

GO ENJOY.....

PS,,, If you need a guide / body guard.. I am free in February but I need the 17th off for my birthday (y);)...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back