Bet this has never happened to you. (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
14Yrs
Back home now but last week end we were in Haro, Spain enjoying the last few days of our 8 week trip to France/Spain.
The Pitches at Camping de Haro are a decent size and marked out by 3/4ft hedges. On Saturday evening we watched a film on the laptop, using headphones as I have tinnitus and the current day whispering actors mean that I sometimes have trouble following them. After the film at about 9.30 I opened the MH door to find a huge double axle caravan parked on OUR pitch about 5ft away. :eek: I think they had been setting up for a while as we were aware of voices outside but thought nothing of it as we were surrounded on 3 sides by Spanish families. There were plenty of other pitches free.
I said to the (English) guy that it was one pitch and it was mine. It quickly became apparent that he didn't have a clue what he was doing. He asked me if it was OK to stay where he was as he was leaving next morning. I agreed as I suppose I felt sorry for him. My wife spoke to him next morning and as you've probably guessed it was his first trip out.
He was on his way to Sitges for a week but I imagine they already know that down there!:rolleyes:
You may have had people cutting across the corner or even cutting through your pitch but I bet this has never happened to you.

Cheers
Chris

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
It might have been his first trip out but he must have heard they like to "cosy up" on the continent. I had trouble opening the hab door on one aire in France this summer because of a myopic frenchman. :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
A couple of years ago we stopped at Camping Les Peupliers near Caen - we drove to our allocated pitch to find a large MH from Sweden on this pitch - the owner told us that he was on an adjacent pitch, the day before, that was too small so the office relocated him. We both went to the office and he told them that they had agreed to this so they gave me an alternative pitch which we drove to.
The next day the Swedish guy was laughing as I walked past - as he now had a Chausson set up on his pitch very close to him!
From my pitch the access track was starting to get full of cars and a tent - the family said they were staying one night - the next day we went out ( squeezed past the tents) and upon returning later could not get to our pitch as the family with tents had a visitor with a caravan and had set up in a big way. The staff couldn't understand why I could not get in and why I was concerned as I wanted to leave early the next morning for a ferry and didn't want to be blocked in! It was difficult in getting them to find me a pitch even though I took a list of vacant and suitable pitches. Fortunately we got a front row pitch which provided entertainment as a family of four adults with a brand new caravan spent three hours putting up an awning up with the help of some "experts"!:LOL:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We were in Haro Camping on Saturday. We only have a little PVC so not guilty. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back