Best Window hanging clothes dryer? (1 Viewer)

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Having got a bit drenched at York the other day in a sudden downpour I have been looking at 'quick fix' drying options. We have an indoor towel rail and a peg out rotary thing and am interested in one of the ones you hang over the window ledge.

It needs to be solid enough to take a pair of jeans and jacket, but not likely to do damage to the window ledge or PVC bodywork. I'll to a couple that caught my eye but would welcome others experience and recommendations. Thanks. (y) :)

Amazon product ASIN B002HIM02O

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I use one like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caravan-M...048673&hash=item2a8b09e6ae:g:1gAAAOSw9NdXqwTW

and where it touches the bodywork of my PVC I put a couple of bits of foam to protect the paintwork. (the bits of foam are dual purpose as they are used to stop the big window blind cassette rattling when on the move)

Thanks @Stroppy Bird co-incidentally that seller is only over the water from me (y) Is the item strong enough to take a couple of wet pairs of jeans though? The picture suggests it's only good for half a dozen moist hankies ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Don't know about that particular one from that seller, it was just the first one that cropped up that looks like mine.

I would imagine they are all of a muchness. Jeans are ok, but I hang them and other heavier stuff nearer the van and the lighter stuff on the bit that folds out to extend it.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We us one of these, it's good and sturdy plus it stores ease in our PVC. Although the bits that lays against the body work of the van is 3/4" wide we were still worried that it might dent the panel when loaded with wet heavy cloths so we use a couple of bits of thin plywood to spread the load.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back