Claretcass

Free Member
Sep 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer exis-i 562
Exp
Since 2004
I would like to know if anyone has any favourite campsites right on the waters edge, either lakes, lochs or sea. The reason I ask is that just over a year ago I purchased an Inflateable dinghy and outboard that fit very nicely in the small garage on my Motorhome and I intend to go away every 3 - 4 weeks between February and November. I have had a few trips already and as i am a mature person, "run in" shall we say i have to handle it on my own so the less distance to the water the better.
My dinghy is fine inshore at sea as well as lochs and lakes.
At 69 I originally bought the boat for fishing but it only took a short while for me to reaslise that most fish are far more intelligent and patient than me, in fact i am the worlds worst....
I now use the boat for photography and making videos and i must say it is fantastic getting into places otherwise i would never see.
I have been to a few sites near water, Caravan Club, Private and Caravan and Camping Club but i wondered if there were some "gems" out there that other motorhomers had found.
Promise i will keep the information to myself....ha ha

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Naburn lock caravan and camping site, near York, catch water bus on river Ouse into city..also Boroughbridge, caravan and camping club site also near York, the sites at Henley on Thames has already been mentioned. Devizes caravan and camping club site on the Kennet and Avon canal just below the Caen hill flight of locks,just to mention a few that I stay at.

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
I am not a boaty type person, but there seemed to be some huge stretches of water up in Northumberland by Kielder and its a very beautiful and peaceful part of the uk, and quite a few of the campsites in the lake district would be good I would guess - stayed at a nice CC campsite by Coniston Water.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
mersea island essex has several sites on the estuary with slip ways some nice places to reach by water brightlingsea wivenhoe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Two great sites spring to mind if you like Scotland - Luss and Millochry both right on the banks of Loch Lomond, West and East. There, in both sites (last year) we could flick bread to the awaiting ducks (in the Loch) from our chairs under our canopy on MoHo - so tranquil and what a photographic area itself. A 'quick' jaunt up to Inverary for some spectacular views both on land and sea,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Oh' the longing for our return.(y)

Hope it helps.

Trikeman. ;)

OP
OP
Claretcass

Claretcass

Free Member
Sep 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer exis-i 562
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you everybody for your replies, greatly appreciated, will now mark them all on the map.

Daifuse

Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
Used to keep my narrowboat on the South Oxford Canal at Kidlington, opposite the Highwayman pub. They've got a CL (?) in the garden which I've used a couple of times..

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Mossyard Caravan Site in D & G. http://www.mossyard.co.uk/
Tesco and Asda both deliver to site.

There's also a couple of CL's close by on the seafront.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back