Best van to buy? (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2018
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
ARE there kits out there to buy for different vans+ wireing kits for fiat Transit Merc etc

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
????????????????

Thats going to throw a lot of people BUT the best van to buy is MINE.. (y)(y)(y)
Bring your £34k ASAP.. ;):D

OP
OP
Apr 12, 2018
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
For any make of van people want to buy that’s why I ask the best van to buy

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK I think we are in self builds so if I am allowed a guess I would say that the question is. "can you buy a wiring kit for a self build project and if so what base vans is this available for"?

And my answer would be no a wiring kit is not available as every self build will be different.

Martin

OP
OP
Apr 12, 2018
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
OK I GET IT I THOUGHT IF YOU BY A KIT I COULD GET A WIREING KIT TO MATCH

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Making a bit of sense now (y)
A standard van to convert.. I think vast majority on here have professional conversions maybe 90+ ‰.
There are some self build forums that may give a lot better feedback.
Good luck with it.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
If looking for parts or kits for van conversions you will generally find that there is much more available for volkswagen 'T' vans than any other vehicles. (T4 & T5 especially)

I would say second would be the Seval vans (fiat/Peugeot/Citröen) followed by the rest crafter/sprinter/transit/etc.

As someone has already posted, most self builds are custom built to a specification, once again with the a VW T's being most popular

'Universal' wiring kits are available from a number of companies - normally include Electric Hook Up (EHU) and split charging

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think there are so many possible layouts it would be very difficult to come up with a standard wiring kit (except maybe some of the vw campervans)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
There are kits available which can be made bespoke for any van . just an example.. try googling

Product description

Each kit is custom made to suit your individual conversion, how we normally do this is by giving you a quick call after the purchase to run through what you’d like wired in and where you’d like to put it, so please be sure to leave a number when purchasing the kit.

Please note: As we design the wiring looms, these looms will have ample cable to reach each component, allowing for sensible routing, we do take the shortest practical route. If you would like a specific cable routing, this is not a problem at all but please do specify when we discuss the layout.

Our comprehensive electrical conversion kit allows you to simply install both 12V and mains 240V systems into your campervan. We will supply all of the wiring, fusing, switching, charging, cabling you need to get powered up.

When parked up at a camp site, simply hook up your vehicle to the mains to use the 240V directly through the consumer unit and sockets. Meanwhile the intelligent leisure battery charger will maintain your battery’s charge.

Your leisure battery will also be charged from engine automatically whilst driving through the heavy duty split charge system.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back