Jul 28, 2013
Leigh lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all

Im new to saterllite systems so have not got a clue what im looking for but i am after a used saterlite system that i can fit in my van can anyone help please
:)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
you have a number of options.
1) portable stand alone exterior dish
2) manual windup and align mounted dish
3) automatic dish or dome.
they are listed in order of cost (cheapest first) and reverse order for ease of use (assuming the firmware is up to date and you have plenty of power available)
With a standalone dish you can carry one large enough to work most places in Europe, a manual align dish (easy once you figure out how) is not bothered by changes in sats, updates etc.
An automatic can use a lot of power whizzing around looking for a sat that has been moved or decommissioned. so you pays your money and makes your choice.
The next thing you have to think about is the receiver, 12 or 240V, sky or freesat. That will depend on how you use your van, how much battery power, if you use an inverter, or are always on sites with EHU. So think about these things and come up with a short list before looking around.

OP
OP
Shazzy44

Shazzy44

Free Member
Jul 28, 2013
Leigh lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
automatic

Im thinking option 2 or 3
12 v free sat
I want to use it in france mainly
I dont go on many sites i have a 100w solar panel connected to 2 leasure batteries
Have you got any makes in mind that are value for money
Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back